Molepolole is the current active capital of Bakwena and it got its name from the local river. The city is located about 50 km from the capital of the country of Botswana. There are quite a few things that you would need to take into consideration if you want to ship your vehicle to Botswana from USA. However, one of the most important things to account for is the fact that the roads are incredibly rough, most of them being rugged terrain. Only a quarter of the roads are paved and that’s why it’s highly advisable to have a 4×4 vehicle all the time.
You should know about the nearest port from your home, so that shipping can become easy. However, the transporting company should help you with this. If the ports are very far away from your home, it’s advisable that you make arrangements with the shipping agent or with a third-party transport company to drive your car to the port, if you won’t be able to do it yourself.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Regulations Related to Shipping a Car to Botswana.
Botswana has very few legal requirements and it doesn’t really have any importing restrictions for vehicles. Nevertheless, there are some things that you should consider such as:
- You must have the IC.2 application form.
- Registration of vehicle.
- Proof of ownership for at least one year.
- Import permit issued by the Commerce Committee.
- Purchase bills which states the exact purchase price.
- Two copies of a CE101 form.
- Passport which is currently valid.
- Clearance certificate which is issued by the police.
Imported vehicles are subjected to the so called National Road Safety Fund tax which amounts to $4.52. The tax is paid annually and it expires at the end of December each year. You can obtain further information about the taxes and the fees as well as for the regulations from the Botswana Embassy.
You are also going to be required to provide some documents in order to successfully ship the car to Botswana. The documents should be prepared before you start making the shipping arrangements.
- Original registration and title.
- Bill of Sale.
- Social Security Card.
- Driver’s license.
- Signed Power of Attorney – optional, if you are not there to pick the car at the destination port.
Different types and costs of shipping.
The price of the process is strongly dependant on the method of shipping you choose. You can choose one out of two ways – Ro-Ro, which stands for Roll-On/Roll-Off and Container Shipping. The weight and price of the vehicle, insurance and the distance of the journey are determining factors of the total cost of the shipping. You can know more about it by contacting the Customs Department of Botswana.
Types of Shipping.
RORO is commonly referred to as Roll-on/Roll-Off. Ro-Ro shipping is definitely the most commonly used method. The vehicle will driven onto the ramp of the freight ship at the pick-up port and driven off at the destination port. It’s also incredibly safe because the vehicle is going to be properly secured to the carrier. It’s also the cheapest method.
Container Shipping: This method implies that your car will be safely stored within a container. It’s a little more expensive but you will get incredible value if you want to ship other personal belongings along with your car. The containers come in 20ft and 40ft sizes and you can share them with another person in order to save some money. This however, could slow the process a bit because more inspections are imposed.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?