Mörön is one of the cities in Mongolia and an administrative center of Khövsgöl province. Regardless of the reason for your move, it is important that you need to have your own personal vehicle, when you need to commute in Mongolia, especially Inner Mongolia.
As Mongolia is a landlocked nation, the shipment will be received at the Chinese port and then put on multi-carrier trailer and transported to Mörön. Usually most international shipping services such as A1 Auto Transport service recommend two safe methods of ocean bound, freight shipping to Mongolia. This includes Roll-on, Roll-Off service and enclosed container shipping.
RORO is the most cost-effective method of shipping. There are a few limitations when you ship using this method. You are required to clean your vehicle, strip it of all personal items and even remove the air conditioning gas as it is inflammable. Thus, only an empty vehicle is allowed on board. The vehicle is driven on the deck, harnessed and safely secured to minimize damage and then driven off the deck at the Chinese port. The other and more expensive method is container shipping. You will be hiring a 20 feet or 40 feet container and put your vehicle along with any other personal items that need to be moved to Mörön.
Shipping to Mongolia isn’t difficult when you have A1 Auto Transport service with you at every step. Additionally, we offer ‘Door-to-port’ services to help pick and drop your vehicle to the nearest U.S port when the process of shipping starts. The last destination ports in China are Quingdao or Tianjin. We will be responsible for ensuring that the vehicle reaches Mörön safely using quality land transportation.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Motor vehicle requirements in Mongolia.
There is plenty of paperwork that is needed before it is shipped out from USA and at the Mongolian Customs. Some of the necessary documents and requirements include:
- Passport and driver’s license of the owner.
- Bill of sale of the vehicle.
- List of vehicle inventory.
- Proof of ownership for minimum of 6 months.
- Insurance on the vehicle.
- Bill of Lading.
While there are other limitations and requirements that you need to adhere to before the vehicle is eligible for import. These are:
- Used vehicle import is restricted for personal use.
- Left hand driven vehicles only.
- Less than 20 years old vehicles can be imported.
Additionally, it is important to have proof of the value of the vehicle to determine the tax and insurance required on the vehicle. Thus, the documents are required to show that the vehicle has been legally imported, after paying the required taxes. To ensure that the vehicle reaches Mongolia from the Chinese port, you will need to submit the requisite documents and ensure that the permit is there to cross over the border with the vehicle. There are multiple checkpoints where the documents and vehicle can be checked. Thus, to eliminate delays and Custom department’s hassles, make sure that you have copies of the original documents. To get the latest information on the current rules and regulations governing the vehicle imports to Mongolia, contact the Embassy of Mongolia in U.S.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory