Modena is not just a beautiful city that attracts thousands of tourists each year because of the architecture and natural scenery, but it is also a well-developed manufacturing town. The automobile industry has had great success in Modena with makers like Ferrari, Pagani, Maserati and De Tomaso and they employee a great majority of the local residents as well as those who have relocated to the city for work. When it comes to automobiles a person could not choose a more vibrant city for auto parts and spectacular employment in the industry. Shipping your own personal car to drive to and from work or to just have a relaxed day enjoying the scenery will be very beneficial.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Overseas Auto Transport.
You will need to contact a professional automobile transporter that can ship internationally when you want to relocate your car. You’ll provide information about your car, some very basic paperwork, choose the method of shipping you want to use, and will be able to receive a complete international shipping price quote. The agent that handles your shipping request will be able to give you all information on how to prepare your motor vehicle for shipping and can also get you information on customs and motor vehicle registration in Modena. While there are not too many strict customs regulations for motor vehicle imports, there are strict policies on motor vehicle registration as well as personal residency certification. All residents must apply for a personal tax code number and begin paying taxes when they have their residence certificate. You will need to supply some specific paperwork to the motor vehicle registration office when you are registering your car an applying for Italian license plates to be able to drive your car in the city. The paperwork includes:
- Motor Vehicle Registration.
- Driver’s License (If the license is foreign it must be accompanied with an Italian translation).
- Certificate of Conformity for corporate vehicles.
- Tax Code Number or proof of application.
You will also be required to pay shipping taxes and import duties but can have the duties removed if you show that you have owned the motor vehicle for at least one year or longer at the time of import to the city.
Types of Available Motor Vehicle Transport.
It would be nice if cars could be driven to any location around the world, but unfortunately, it just does not work that way at all. When relocating a motor vehicle from the United States to Modena, Italy you will need to choose a type of international auto transport. The ways you can move a car overseas are:
- RORO Shipping – RoRo is short for roll on roll off transport and it is just what the name says. Motor vehicles are rolled onto the RORO ship, secured safely in place and then moved across the ocean. Once the ship reaches the entry port for Modena the cars are rolled off the ship and the owner is able to take the car through customs for clearance. RORO is open transport and is suitable for all types of motor vehicles as well as heavy farm or industrial equipment. When you want to use a type of sea transport that allows for fast overseas delivery and affordable automobile transport pricing then RORO is the best choice.
- Enclosed Auto Transport – When you need secure automobile transport when shipping a motor vehicle overseas, then Enclosed Auto Transport, or containerized shipping, is available. When you use a container to ship a motor vehicle internationally, the car will be sealed inside of a large shipping container than has added protective layers on the inside as well as the outside to ensure that the vehicle or other personal content inside cannot be damaged by the weather or flying debris or animals that may fly possibly fly into automobiles that are on open carriers. This type of shipping is generally used for more expensive motor vehicles that need extra security during shipment to help maintain the investment value. Enclosed auto transport is more costly than RORO because you have to pay for the container.
- Air Freight – The fastest, albeit most expensive, way to ship a motor vehicle is by air freight. Automobiles can be loaded inside of large freight planes and flown to Modena very quickly. This type of shipping is preferred by owners of very expensive luxury cars and trucks as well as those who need to have their car with them as fast as possible. Due to the cost of jet fuel, flying your automobile to Modena may be very expensive but well worth the expenditure when you need fast, safe and reliable automobile transport.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory