The capital city of the bustling Espaillat province, Moca is situated in the Cibao region within Dominican Republic. It is at a distance of 11 miles from Santiago, which is the 2nd biggest city in the country. Moca is considered as the 10th largest city due to the area and population.
If you are making relocating plans you would probably include your vehicle in them, especially if you are planning to move to Moca. People would quite often worry about overseas shipping because they believe it’s not safe for their cars and it’s expensive. However, adding up the costs of taxis, renting vehicles and other side expenses you will quickly see how beneficial it is to have your car. International shipping is also incredibly secure if handled by a professional company like A1 Auto Transport service.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Hiring Auto Transport Service.
When you work with us, you can rest assured that the vehicle’s transportation would be handled properly. Our agent who handles the shipment is going to give you all the details you need. You can arrange door-to-door service which is going to mean that your car is picked up at your home and delivered to a convenient port of your choosing to be shipped to Moca. Of course, that’s going to be a bit more expensive. Your agent is also going to get a signed Power of Attorney for this to happen, copy of your driver’s license, SSN and a few other documents.
How to ship to Moca.
The following are the shipping options that are laid out in front of you. You will need to judge the best one on the basis of your requirements, budget and price of the vehicle:
- RORO – Roll-On/Roll-Off shipping – this is the simplest way to get your vehicle shipped overseas. It’s also the easiest and the quickest one and the least expensive. However, you won’t get the luxury of shipping other items. You have to empty out the air conditioning gasses and leave nothing but the floor mats, car jack, spare tire and a set of spare keys.
- Enclosed Shipping – This entails that your vehicle is shipped in a private container that you can fill with as many personal belongings as you want. Of course, it’s a bit more expensive and slower due to the nature of the method but it’s more convenient if you have other items or a more expensive car as it’s more protected.
Your agent should provide you with all the necessary information when choosing the shipping method and advise you on the budget.
All vehicles which are being imported to Moca must pass the Dominican Republic Customs checkpoints. You can get a lot of information from the U.S. Customs on the regulations and you could also contact the Embassy of the Dominican Republic in Washington, D.C for local specifications. Individuals are only allowed to import one vehicle for personal use and the engine can’t have more than six cylinders or it can’t be classified as a luxury car. When the vehicle arrives, the owner has to be present and to pay all the taxes duties allocated. You would also have to provide the following documentation:
- Title and registration.
- Consular Invoice.
- Commercial Invoice.
- Driver’s License that’s valid.
It’s important that you have all the documents prepared. Missing one single paper or a sign can cause a delay or even a denial to import which is going to result in significant delays and you have to wait for a year before you can attempt the import again.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?