Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Mhlume
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
Mhlume is a city which is located in the district of Lubombo in Swaziland. Regardless of your purpose of relocation, people from USA would regularly prefer to get their vehicle transported into the country.
There is a relatively low import cost and there are not a lot of options for you to actually purchase American or Japanese cars in the country. This is the main reason people would prefer to bring their cars with them. Even though the country is landlocked, you can take advantage of nearby ports in Richards Bay, South Africa or Maputo, which is located in Mozambique.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
This is a facility in which your vehicle is going to be stored until there is an available land transport. Once your vehicle arrives at the port, it’s going to be stored within these facilities until the transport is made available. Of course, you’d be expected to pay the required tariffs, as per the Swaziland Revenue Authority. However, the usage of these bonded warehouses would allow the shippers to save some money, avoiding the import duties imposed in the transit countries.
Paperwork Prior the Export.
Now, you’d also have to adhere to some of the US regulations, which require you to present the following documents prior to the export:
- Original title or any other form of ownership proof.
- Bill of sale and of lading.
- Lien holder permit, if such is necessary.
- Insurance policy.
There are, of course, further requirements that you’d have to meet and they are imposed by Swaziland. If your vehicle is used, you’d have to present proof that you’ve owned it for at least a year. You can use the purchase documents as a proof. Individual owners are allowed to import only one vehicle each year. The following documents are also required:
- Passport copy.
- Certificate for paid taxes.
- Import Application issued from the Ministry of Finance.
- Work permit, provided you are not from Swaziland.
- Bill of sale.
Get Your Vehicle Prepared.
Prior to the shipping process, it’s required that you undertake a few actions such as:
- Get an insurance policy.
- Fill exactly a quarter tank of fuel.
- Remove all of your items from the car.
- Get the car thoroughly cleaned in order to avoid quarantine.
- Get your car inspected and document all the dents and scratches. Get the shipping agent to sign the report.
There may be changes to the laws and requirements and that is why it helps to contact the the Embassy of Swaziland.
Choose Your Shipping Method.
This is the step which follows the presentation of documents. Once you are through with it, you have to decide how you want your vehicle to travel. Basically, you can go for RORO or container shipping. Not all ports accept RORO services, even though it’s the overly preferred choice.
If you decide to go with a container shipment, you can share it in order to save money. You could send more than one vehicles in one container, or you can fill in the latter with other personal belongings. However, the RORO shipping is still the cheapest and therefore the most desired one. Your vehicle would be driven on the deck of the carrier and fastened there. It would be exposed to the elements, but at least it’s cheap.