The Eritrean capital of Debub Region, Mendefera derives its name from the locally acclaimed large hill that is situated in the middle of the city. It is an industrial city with varied units producing different products.
Moving to Eritrea can be due to various reasons but the fact remains that you will need to have your own car or vehicle to commute irrespective of whether you are going to stay in Mendefera for a short while or for a few years.
Public transport is limited and expensive while you might encounter language and currency exchange issues which is completely eliminated when you have your own vehicle. Before you actually ship your vehicle, it is important to know that there is a lot of paperwork that has to be completed and it is good to work with an experienced international auto shipper that has worked with the Eritrea Customs Department before so that they are conversant with the applicable laws.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Documentation and procedures.
There are some important documents that have to be submitted at the U.S Customs and Border Protection and with the Customs department in Eritrea, including:
- Letter of authority from SABS to import used cars.
- Proof of employment/work permit.
- Passport and driving license.
- Residency permit.
- vehicle title and registration.
- Insurance on the vehicle.
The paperwork is compulsory and all aspects of the procedures have to be completed. It is important that you look up the driving rules and regulations in the country so that there are no run-ins with the law enforcement. Additionally, before the price quote can be provided, you will need to decide whether you want to ship using Roll-on, Roll-Off which is the cheaper option or use closed container shipment for a safer transit.
In RORO, the vehicle is driven on the ship using pre-laid out ramps and parked in the allocated bays. The size and length of the vehicle is considered as you only pay for the parking space on the deck. When it reaches the requisite port in Tanzania, it is driven off the ship. The limitations associated with this method include:
- Disable alarms.
- Only an empty vehicle can be shipped.
- Remove air conditioning gas, personal items.
- Steam clean the interiors.
While in container shipping, you are allowed to ship your personal goods and household items along with the car in the same container. You might want to discuss your budget and requirements with A1 Auto Transport’s representative and then select the best method. To get current information on the laws and regulations, call in Embassy of Eritrea.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?