Meiktila is a city which has its location in the central parts of the country right on the banks of the Meiktila Lake. If you intend on relocating here on a temporary or a permanent basis, having your vehicle with you is definitely going to be highly beneficial.
There is only one port available for the import of cars and there is a limited number of vehicles that you can import within Burma and the price on vehicles is particularly high. With this in mind, getting your own car imported is definitely going to be more advantageous.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Importing a personal vehicle.
The cost of importing your car into Meiktila can be as low as $2,700 if you decide to use container shipping and your vehicle is of a standard size. Other methods can cost you more than $5000- $6,000 based on the type of the vehicle you intend importing to Burma.
When you get your car imported, you are going to find out that the entire process is fairly straightforward but the duties and the taxes are significantly higher. If you are a diplomat you can enjoy a tax-free import but for regular vehicles, the taxes can get as much as 300% of the value of the vehicle. There are also a few factors that you’d have to weigh in:
- Left-hand driven vehicles are allowed.
- You need a passport.
- Photo ID.
- Proof of the purchase.
- Valid documents of insurance.
- You need to show receipts of the duties.
- Show permit for a residence.
You need to be present to pick up your vehicle or you can authorize someone from the A1 Auto Transport service to get it done for you if you can’t. You can’t delay your vehicle because of incomplete paperwork and that’s why you need to make sure that you have it all prepared and that you meet all of the requirements, as set forth by Burma Customs Authority.
Methods for shipping a vehicle.
A1 Auto Transport Service is going to provide you with the help you need to get your vehicle through customs and we are going to get you to choose a shipping method. You’ve got two choices in front of you:
- Roll On/ Roll Off – this method would require you to empty the vehicle entirely and leave nothing within it but the spare tire, floor mats, car jack and an extra set of keys.
- Container shipping – this is another option with which you have to pick a 20 feet or 40 feet container based on your preferences in which your vehicle is going to be shipped. You can ship as many personal belongings as you want and that’s why it’s a bit more expensive.
You might want to contact the Embassy of Burma to know more about the current updates on the laws pertaining to.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?