The largest city in Swaziland, Mbabane is the capital city and is a hub of commercial and cultural activities. Situated on the Mbabane River, it is close to the Mdzimba Mountains. With brisk trade and commercial activities, employment opportunities have increased with time. If you intend moving to Mbabane from U.S for any purpose, you might want to bring along your personal vehicle as there is a limited availability of imported vehicles in Swaziland.
However, as Swaziland is a land bound country, your vehicle will have to be shipped to Maputo in Mozambique or to any port in South Africa and then driven across to Mbabane. Usually, your vehicle will be put in a bonded warehouse in any of these countries till land transportation is provided. At that time, you will need to pay the tariffs and custom duties for Swaziland. However, when using transit bonded warehouses, you do not have to pay any duty in the hosting country.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Essential documents before exporting.
Before your vehicle can leave a domestic U.S port, you will need to submit a host of documents including:
- Bill of Lading.
- Original title of the vehicle.
- Proof of ownership.
- Bill of sale.
- Insurance certificate.
All vehicles entering Swaziland need to pay the custom duties on vehicles and if you have been using the vehicle before importing it, as per law, you have to submit the proof that you have owned it for at least 1 year before importing it. The title deed and purchase invoice have to be submitted along with the other documents. As there are different regulations for commercial and private vehicle imports, you are only allowed to import one vehicle for your use in a year. Additionally, there is a lot of associated paperwork that is needed. This includes:
- Purchase invoice with chassis and engine number on the car/vehicle suppliers letterhead.
- Owners passport copy.
- Customs and tax clearance certificate.
- Finance Ministry’s import application.
- Non-citizens need work/residency permit.
For speedy delivery and to avoid quarantine at Mbabane, it is best to completely clean the car, remove air conditioning gas and personal items. Let an international shipping agent enumerate the current scratches and dents on the vehicle and sign the certificate.
After the documentation has been done and the vehicles prepared for transit, you will need to work with an international shipping service like A1 Auto Transport for freight shipping. Most people prefer Roll-on/Roll-Off (RORO) to container shipping as it is cheaper. The car is driven on the ship deck and secured and at the destination port, it will be driven off. However, if you have household goods to ship as well or have an expensive vehicle, it is best to opt for container shipping as the container is secured and sealed.
With laws changing periodically about importing vehicles to Swaziland, you can get in touch with the Embassy of Swaziland today for the details.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory