Matagalpa is a town in the country of Nicaragua. It is currently the acting capital of the Matagalpa department and is the fifth biggest city.
The city is also incredibly active in terms of commerce which makes it the second most important in the country.
Costs for Shipping a Vehicle to Nicaragua.
The considerations which were discussed here are a great factor in the cost of your shipping process, but they are not the only ones. There additional things that are going to further affect it such as the insurance amount for the time of the transportation as well as the car’s size. The length is essentially more important than the weight because it would determine the space that it’s going to take on the carrier ship. There are no particular taxes on the import as well as no inspection fees or other tariffs which are imposed at the port.
However, the Customs Department of Nicaragua has the right to levy the fees on the vehicle and you can’t always anticipate this. When you choose to work with A1 Auto Transport service, we are well aware of the nuances of customs regulations. Once you’ve chosen the particular shipping method and you have taken into consideration the additional fees, our agent should provide you with an estimation of the entire cost.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Requirements in Nicaragua.
Nicaragua allows importing both new and used cars unless they are not more than 10 years old unless it’s considered a classic. However, the taxes are going to be based on the model as well as on the value of the car. It is best if you get the car ready the way that Customs officials in Nicaragua prefer it to be:
- Properly cleaned.
- ¼ full gas tank.
- Lack of leaking fluids.
- Disabled anti-theft devices.
- There shouldn’t be any loose parts.
The paperwork which is required for the exit port and the destination one is usually handled by one of our shipping agents. He is also going to inform you on the required paperwork. You should prepare the following, so that custom clearances are a breeze:
- Copies of your passport, driver’s license and ownership proof – required by the Customs of Nicaragua.
- Certificate from the Nicaraguan Consulate which is in the US
- Bill of Lading (original and copies)
- Invoice or the commercial agreement of the purchase
- Your car has to be eligible. The laws which regulate the eligibility of the vehicles are in the Title 19 of the U.S. Code of Federal Regulation. You can refer to the documentation requirements.
- Certificate from the Customs and Border Protection of the U.S. This is something that should be handled by your agent but make sure that you are ready with it at least 72 hours prior to the export.
Shipping methods and cost.
Most of the shipping to Nicaragua is done from the Port of Miami or Port Everglades. The shipment methods can be door-to-port, which involves someone picking your car from your home and delivering it to the destination port and port-to-port where you have to drive your car to the port. The vehicle can travel in its own container, which is more expensive but you can share the container to cut back on the expenses.
You can also use the RORO method which is short for roll-on/roll-off. The car is going to be driven onto the freight ship on a specifically designated platform where it would be secured for the transportation process. However, you are not allowed to put any personal items within the vehicle.
You can contact the Nicaragua Embassy in USA to get more information about the import of vehicles. They will be able to update you about any changes in law and taxes.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory