Massawa is one of the large cities located on the coast of Red Sea in Eritrea. It is known to be the home of a naval base as well as a large dhow docks. The ferries from this city usually sail to both Dahlak Island and to the Green Island which is fairly nearby.
You should be informed that if you are to ship a car into the city there are quite a lot of complex procedures to be taken care of. It is best to rely on the services of a professional shipping agent such as the A1 Auto Transport service. The company has an extensive experience of over 20 years and is well aware of all the specifications for shipping to Massawa.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Unlike in the USA, public transport in Massawa is not that accessible which makes the possession of a personal vehicle an incredible asset. However, before you can get your car there, there are a lot of things to be considered. In any case, if you hire a professional company the worries would be significantly reduced to obtaining the following documents:
- Proof of employment.
- Study or employment visa.
- Title and registration of the car.
- Proof for African residency.
- SABS authority letter if your car isn’t new.
You should also know that your catalytic converter has to be removed as unleaded gas is generally not available in the country. You won’t be allowed to import a car which more than 10 years old. There is also a tax related reform which is set to take place somewhere in the near future which would reduce the tariffs from 12% and are going to lower the duty from 200% to only 25%. However, the Zambia Revenue Authority duties on raw materials are set to increase to about 5% but that generally doesn’t concern people who want to import only their cars.
Things to Consider.
Proving the ownership of your car is the first thing that you’d have to do. You would have to submit the required papers. It’s also highly advisable to get your private garage because thefts in Massawa are not that uncommon. You also have to pay strict attention and comply by the traffic rules and the road regulations and you should definitely read more on the subject. There are two ways to get your car into the country:
- Container Shipping: You’d be allowed to go for a 20ft or 40ft container depending on your needs. However, this method would allow you to ship other goods along with your car and that’s why it’s likely to be a bit more expensive.
- RORO Shipping: This is also commonly referred to as Roll-on/Roll-off. The method would require you to drive the car on a specific shipping deck on board of a carrier freight ship where it would be safely fastened. The major drawbacks of this method are that the vehicle would be completely exposed to the elements and you can’t ship anything else but your car. This is, however, why it’s also the cheapest.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory