The beautiful city of Mashhad in Iran is the second largest city after Tehran. It is also the provincial capital of Razavi Khrosan district. Strategically located close to the borders of Afghanistan and Turkmenistan, it is an important center of trade and business.
If you are moving to Iran, particularly to Mashhad, it might be easier if you have your own vehicle to travel around. However, it is essential that when you are importing the car from USA, you engage the services of A1 Auto Transport service, the leading name in global shipping companies. They will be with you at every step ensuring that the vehicle reaches Mashhad safely. Additionally, it is important to follow all of the regulations and restrictions as per the Islamic Republic of Iran Customs Administration.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Having your own vehicle in Mashhad gives you the freedom to travel without any issues of navigating through language and currency differences. However, there are some important documents to submit at the U.S Customs and Iran Customs Administration including:
- Residency visa/work permits in Iran.
- Passport and Social Security number.
- List of details of the vehicle – VIN, engine and chassis number, engine capacity, model and make.
- Lien-free registration certificate and title deed.
- Bill of Lading.
- Vehicle insurance.
- Purchase invoice of the vehicle.
Although there is pertinent information available with the shipping services about transporting your vehicle to Iran, it helps to contact the Embassy of Iran. They will be able to help you get the latest updates on the laws and requirements. The Port of Bandar Abbas does not hold the vehicle and that is why the owner or an authorized representative with a signed Power of Attorney needs to be there when the vehicle arrives.
Types of shipping available.
There are only two practical methods of shipment, which are completed after proper procedure and documentation. You will need to select from:
- Container shipment: This is the more expensive option due to the extra security it provides the vehicle and the associated personal belongings that you can keep inside the rest of the space. These containers are large ranging from twenty feet to forty feet.
- Roll-on, Roll-Off: As the term is, your vehicle is driven over the ramp onto the open deck, where it is harnessed into place in the allocated bay. You only pay for parking the vehicle and that is why it is the cheapest method for shipping to Mashhad, Iran.
However, A1 Auto Transport service recommends that for faster delivery and custom clearances, when you ship by RORO adhere to the guidelines which include:
- remove flammable air conditioning gas.
- no personal belongings can be kept.
- quarter tank of fuel has to be left.
- spare keys, extra tire and jack has to be kept in the vehicle.
It is good to get maximum information about driving in Iran so that you can adhere to the rules and regulations.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?