Maroua is one of the larger cities in Cameroon nestled in the foothills of the Mandara mountains, along with the banks of the Kaliao and Ferngo river. It is situated in the capital of the Far North Region.You may have your own reasons to settle here or stay on a long term basis but will need your own vehicle to travel to work or explore the country.
You may have your own reasons to settle here or stay on a long term basis but will need your own vehicle to travel to work or explore the country.
Import of a vehicle is easily achievable. This is only if you don’t try to complete the process on your own but rely on the services of the A-1 Auto Transport service. A lot of people in Cameroon do not speak English so doing so on your own might actually turn out to be rather challenging. However, some of the official workers do speak the language and we have our representatives to accompany you so there are absolutely no communication gaps.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
There is a red tape and that’s why you might suffer long delays. It’s important to have the right connections with Cameroon Customs Authority in order to avoid additional fees and that is why can help you avoid these lengthy delays. The A-1 Auto Transport has a lot of experience in dealing with the officials in Cameroon so we can help you out in this particular endeavor in order to ensure that your vehicle gets there on time and that there are no additional fees.
In order to get your car shipped to Cameroon you would need to provide A1 Auto Transport the following documentation:
- Proof of ownership.
- Insurance proof.
- Invoice of purchase.
- Bill of Lading.
There is an implemented Control of Identification Imported Used Vehicles (CIVIO) by the Government in partnership with Societe Generale de Surveillance SA (SGS). The regular tariff on the vehicles such as cars, motorcycles, and trucks is 19.53%. You would be required to pay the duties unless it’s a permanent address. If that’s not the case, the taxes are going to be based on the age of your vehicle.
Even though shipping your vehicle might seem a bit challenging, the A-1 Auto Transport is going to handle the logistics. You would need to choose a shipping method which is convenient for you. Your options include:
- RORO Shipping – this is without a doubt the most affordable one and it’s also the fastest water-based method. However, you would be allowed to ship nothing but your car and you have to empty it out of any kinds of personal belongings. You have to leave nothing but ¼ of fuel in the gas tank, floor mats, car jack and spare tire.
- Container shipping – this is the preferred method if your vehicle is more expensive to you have a lot of additional belongings to ship into the country. The method is more expensive and a bit slower because of the many checkpoints along the way. However, if you have a lot of personal belongings to ship you would definitely benefit from it significantly.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory