A municipality in city in the northwestern Venezuela, Maracaibo is situated on western shore Straits connecting Venezuela Gulf with Lake Maracaibo. It is the Zulia State capital and second largest city in the whole country. When shipping your car to Maracaibo, you may expect some degree of bureaucratic issues as well as corruption which can affect the cost of the fees. However, your shipping agency like A1 Auto Transport Company will help you with proper documentation preparation.
Additionally, you can benefit from the exemptions and duty-free options that are given by the Jamaican government. We will help in the preparation of the appropriate documents for minimizing the procedures at the Customs. To know more about the import regulations and requirements, you can contact the Embassy of Venezuela.
Requirements for shipping
There are many documents and paperwork that has to be submitted at the US port and at the Venezuelan port. The main documents that you need include:
- Ownership proof
- Copy of passport
- Original Four Lading Bill Forms
- RIF certificate
- Original certificate in the owner’s name
- Purchase invoice
This should include the location, date and the original purchase price. You may also enjoy duty-free shipping provided:
- You are Venezuelan citizen or have been living abroad for one-year minimum
- All the car documents contains your name
- You are the owner of the car for the last 11 months minimum
- Shipping involves single car of value no higher than $20,000
When it comes to import of used vehicles, only Venezuelans can do this. As a foreign citizen, you will be allowed to import new vehicles only. In case of used car, you will have to pay 1% CIF value irrespective of the duty-free eligibility. Basically, shipping to Maracaibo is quite easy and you can choose any one of the two available shipping methods. The Roll-On/ Roll Off method of shipping involves your car getting on the ship and going down using its own wheels. Here, it will remain chained to the deck during the course of the journey. You will need to be there at the Venezuelan port when it arrives. In case you are unable to do this, you may authorize one of our shipping agents to be there on your behalf.
In case of RO-RO method, you should know that it is a time consuming proposition with little punctuality regarding arrival. However, it is cheaper as you only pay for the space that is used to park your car on the deck. You cannot keep any personal items in the car and have to remove the air conditioning gas for safety. Only quarter tank of fuel can be left for driving up and down the ramp.
The other one is the container shipping method. This is chosen in case of sports vehicles or luxury cars mostly. Your car will remain inside a 20 feet or 40 feet container on the ship. This is comparatively expensive than the other method but you can be sure of getting the car and goods safely. You not only are assured of safe arrival but also may bring other personal goods inside the container.
It is essential that all verified documents pertaining to the ownership of the vehicle and insurance reach the Venezuelan Customs at least 5 days before your vehicle arrives otherwise the penalty is high.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory