The second largest city in Swaziland, Manzini is an important center of economic and cultural activities. If you are planning to move temporarily or on a more permanent basis for work or study, being able to commute in your own vehicle helps. With low cost of importing vehicles, and limited availability of U.S made vehicles in Swaziland, it really isn’t all that difficult to import your own here. With no ports in Swaziland, your vehicle is received at the closest port at Maputo in Mozambique or in South Africa and then land transported to Manzini.
When your vehicle is being transported to Manzini, the port city has bonded warehouses, where the vehicles are housed till overland transportation to the city in Swaziland is available. This helps shipping agents avoid paying taxes in the host country. When the land transit to Swaziland is available, you will be required to pay the requisite tariffs and custom duties.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Important documents for export to Manzini.
Before your car is prepared for transit to Manzini from a U.S port, there are specific documents that have to be submitted, before U.S Customs releases it for shipping. These documents include:
- Vehicle ownership documents.
- Bill of Lading.
- Passport/ID of owner.
- Bill of Purchase.
- Proof of insurance.
While when the vehicle arrives in Swaziland, the Swaziland Revenue Authority will need different set of documents which are:
- Original Customs Export Bill of Entry.
- Export certificate.
- Registration certificate.
- Original Title deed.
- Port charges receipts at delivery ports.
- Purchase invoice of the vehicle.
Additionally, the VAT is 14% as standard rate and is payable before the vehicle is given to the owners. You will need to show the documents that are proof that you have owned the car for over 12 months before importing it to Manzini. You can only import a single vehicle for your personal use and will need to submit:
- Passport of the car owner.
- Work permit for foreigners.
- Purchase invoice with the engine/chassis numbers.
- Receipts of the taxes and levies paid.
To ensure no delays after your vehicle reaches Manzini, it is best if you intend sending it to adhere to the freight shipping requirements, especially if you intend sending the vehicle by RORO. Some of the steps to prepare your car include:
- Keep quarter tank of gas.
- Transit insurance certification.
- Strip the car of all personal items.
- Steam clean the car.
- List the dents, scratches and damage to the car prior to shipping.
At A1 Auto Transport Company, we understand international shipping requirements and have over 20 years of experience shipping to African nations and can offer complete assistance in delivering your vehicle safely. There are two common methods of ocean bound freight shipping- RORO and container shipping. We can offer free quotes for both styles of shipping and help you safely import the car in Manzini. You can contact the Embassy of Swaziland for more information.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory