Mangochi is a city which is situated in the Southern Region of the country of Malawi. It’s close to the southern shores of the Malawi Lake and its’ former name is Fort Johnston. If you have decided to visit Mangochi for a longer period of time or you have decided to permanently relocate Malawi, maybe you should consider transporting your personal vehicle with you.
This is definitely going to provide you with a lot of convenience. The country has a lot of roadways and regardless of whether or not the roads are paved, getting to any part of the city and outskirts is surely possible. Having your own car is definitely going to save you a lot of money as well as time and effort.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Everyone from the US can ship a vehicle to Malawi as it certainly isn’t as difficult when you hire the services of an experienced shipper such as A1 Auto Transport service. As there are no stringent restrictions, you would need to submit only the standard documents.
- You must have owned the car for a year at least.
- There is a limit of one vehicle per family.
- Ownership proof, purchase proof, Certificate of Registration
- The vehicle can’t be more expensive than kwacha 500, which is the local currency.
When you have A1 Auto Transport on your side, there is literally nothing for you to be worried about. You should only be present to pick up your car once all of the formalities are through. Our services make the whole process incredibly smooth. We are going to help you get your Customs clearance and we will stay with you for the payment of taxes at the port of Malawi.
Choosing between RO/RO and Container Shipping.
The most common options for vehicle shipment are the RO/RO and the container shipping. You can also use air transport but that’s incredibly expensive and is therefore not preferred.
Roll-on/Roll-Off shipping is the simplest way to go. You would need to drive the car onto the shipping deck where it’s going to be securely fastened. Once the carrier arrives at the destination port, the car is driven off. That’s the entire process. You have to empty the vehicle and leave only the car jack, the floor mats and the spare tire. This is the cheapest way to go.
Container shipping on the other hand would allow you to ship more personal items with the vehicles. You can fill the container and the vehicle with your belongings. Make sure that everything you import is actually permitted. You can also share your container with another person to split the cost and make it cheaper.
If you need more information about driving in Malawi or about the current laws in vehicle imports, it is essential that you contact the Embassy of Malawi in USA today.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?