The second largest city in Burma (Myanmar as it is now known) Mandalay is located in the northern part of Yangon, situated on Irrawaddy River eastern banks. Its distance from Yangon is about 445 miles. The city is an economic hub in the upper parts of Myanmar and is a well-known Burmese cultural center as well. When you are shipping your car from USA to Burma, you need to know that there are associated taxes and duties. However, diplomats enjoy a waiver of these tariffs. Others though have to pay approx 300% of the overall assessed value of the vehicle that you want to import.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Here is some crucial information that you might want to consider when you are looking to import a vehicle to Mandalay in Burma:
- Only left-handed drive vehicles are allowed inside the country.
- You need to have picture ID, license, and insurance proof.
- If you have paid the duties, keep the receipts with you.
- When the vehicle arrives remain at the correct port, be there to receive it.
- Keep the proof of Burmese residency handy as well.
Documentation should not be your biggest deterrent in importing vehicles from the US to Burma. This is a standard procedure for every country. It is important for the owner to submit the necessary papers to the custom and transport departments as a part of applicable regulations. If you are planning to ship a vehicle to Mandalay in the near future, it is the good idea to contact the Burma customs beforehand. Also, regulations may change so keep up with the currently applicable ones at all times.
Ways to transport your vehicle.
Two main methods are used popularly when shipping vehicles and these are applicable when you are planning to import a car to Mandalay. At A1 Auto Transport service, we ensure that your vehicle is pre-checked by our approvers and cleaned so that there is no delay at the port on Burma. We understand all aspects of the customs and ensure that fees and duties are paid, so that you can take the delivery in time. We usually offer these two common methods to ship vehicles:
- Container transportation method: here your vehicle will be transported to the port of your choice inside a container. You can choose your very own 20 feet to 40 feet container or share it with someone else for division of the costs. Besides the vehicle you can also transfer car accessories and other household goods by this method provided you are booking your personal container.
- RORO method: here your vehicle drives up on the ship and again down upon reaching the destination. This is one of the commonly used methods of transfer. However, in this case you will not be able to keep anything inside the car but is the cheapest way to ship your vehicle.
We work with you at every step to ensure that your car reaches Mandalay at the most affordable price and securely. However, if you’d like more information about shipping vehicles, please check the latest at Embassy of Myanmar.