Situated in the Upper Nile state in South Sudan, Malakal is a beautiful city located in the district by the same name. It is close to the international borders with Ethiopia and Sudan. It is situated on the banks of White Nile, at the confluence with the Sobat River.
It is about 400 miles from Juba, which is the largest city in South Sudan. Due to poor public transportation, the need for having your own personal vehicle is imminent. Though the roads are paved and some of them are unpaved, it is important that you consider the maintenance costs of the vehicles.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Requirements for shipping.
It is important to know that there are additional costs and shipping charges when you ship from USA. With higher tax duties and applicable VAT, it is good to get a free quote from A1 Auto Transport service and get an idea about the total cost. Irrespective of the reason for your stay and the tenure in Malakal, you need to get in touch with South Sudanese Customs department and know more about the limitations and eligibility. As with any import, paperwork is immense and that is where the role and responsibility of A1 Auto Transport come in. You will need to submit:
- Proof of ownership- passport/photo ID.
- S-issued driving license.
- Lien-free title deed.
- Registration documents.
- Insurance certificate.
- Bill of Lading.
Options of freight shipments.
When you are importing a vehicle in Malakal, it is not only essential to select a safe method but it is equally important to opt for a cost-effective option. Though air shipping is the quickest way to move your vehicle from U.S to South Sudan but it is too expensive and not a viable option. That leaves you with Container shipment and Roll-on/Roll-Off method.
- Roll On/Roll Off (Ro-Ro) Shipping: The most preferred method of auto shipment, RORO provides safe transit even though the vehicle is secured in an open parking bay along with other cars. To ensure there is no damage, you can only ship an empty vehicle, devoid of all air conditioning gas, and no personal items. You are only allowed to keep floor mats, extra keys, 1/4th tank of fuel only.
- Container shipping: If you intend moving your personal items along with the vehicle, container shipping works well. You are allowed to keep all personal items and the vehicle inside the same container. It is then closed and sealed for better protection. Most common sizes of containers include 20 feet or 40 feet. It is more expensive as there are higher checkpoints on safety to be met.
You are required to clear all customs duties and tariffs with the South Sudan Customs Service (SSCS). Only after that, the owner gets the delivery of the vehicle. For further details on shipping to Malakal, contact A1 Auto Transport.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?