On the southern end of Burundi, you will find a city named Makamba, also known as the capital city of Makamba Province. If you want to bring your car to Makamba when you travel over there, you may want to have an experienced shipping agent to assist you.
A1 Auto Transport to make your shipment easier
It's important to consider that only a small portion, 10% of the roads in Burundi are paved so there are many times where a four-wheel drive will be necessary in order to travel around the country. Once you have made the decision to import your vehicle, you need to start the process by collecting the documentation that will be required in order to continue with your import.
A1 Auto Transport Service will inform you as to where your export will take place and will assist you in getting your vehicle there, even come and pick up your vehicle and drive it to the nearest port if needed. They will also oversee any delivery of your vehicle to you when the vehicle reaches the port. Your shipping agent at A1 Auto Transport Service will assist you in locating the necessary required documentation and contact the U.S Customs and Borders Protection Agency if needed.
You will need to discuss your shipping plan with A1 Auto Transport Service so they will know what your ultimate goal is and where you want the vehicle to go. For an extra fee, they will provide door-to-port services and be present for you at the Port of Bujumbura so they can pick up your vehicle once it clears customs. You will need to fill out all mandatory paperwork required by the U.S Customs and Border Protection Agency before your vehicle can even go to port.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Makamba
|Makamba to (New York port) to New York, NY||$275||$4800||5+36 days|
|Makamba to (California port) to Los Angeles||$350||$5800||5+47 days|
|Makamba to (New York port) to Boston, MA||$400||$4800||5+36 days|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Makamba||$475||$5800||6+47 days|
|Makamba to (California port) to Phoenix, AZ||$550||$5800||6+47 days|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Makamba||$575||$4800||6+36 days|
|Makamba to (New York port) to Atlanta, GA||$700||$4800||6+36 days|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Makamba||$775||$5800||7+47 days|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Makamba||$800||$4800||6+36 days|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Makamba||$1,025||$5800||7+47 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
You want to ensure that you have a smooth transition from the U.S port to Gitega. In order to do that, you will first need to submit the most essential of documents in order to verify your vehicle and your identity with the Revenue Authority of Burundi. You will need:
- A vehicle registration (Original).
- An Original bill of sale.
- Original car title.
- Details of your vehicle that include the cubic capacity, the engine and chassis number, and the year of manufacture.
- A copy of your driver's license and passport.
Extra expenses and paperwork to consider
The shipping service will also help you to determine how much it will cost you to ship your vehicle over to Gitega. You will need to pay freight cost, insurance cost, while there is a 4% handling fee, 17% transactional levy, and insurance and freight charges as well. In addition to the list of paperwork listed above, you will also need the following:
- Car title.
- Social security number.
- International driving license.
- Insurance documents.
- Power of Attorney to shipping service to be present at the US port or the Port of Bujumbura.
There are two shipping options to choose from and A1 Auto Transport Service can assist you with. You may want to go with the Roll On/ Roll Off or container shipping. The Roll On/ Roll Off or RORO is the most affordable way to ship a vehicle that is secured onto a deck of the ship for transport and then driven off to the new port. With this option, you won't be allowed to leave anything in the car other than the floor mats, car jack, and spare keys. You will only be charged for the parking slot your vehicle takes up for the trip. Your vehicle will need to be steam cleaned before this process can begin. Container shipping is a more expensive way to ship a vehicle. You will choose from a 20 foot container or 40 foot container to hold your vehicle and all your personal items you wish to send over with you. This is the safest way to transport however this extra layer of protection will cost you more.
To get more information on the rules and regulations of importing to Burundi, you can contact the Embassy of Burundi located in the United States.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
🇧🇮 Burundi, (BI)
Our Services and Information
Car International Destinations
Car International FAQ
🇧🇮 Burundi, (BI)
Motorcycle International Destinations
🇧🇮 Burundi, (BI)
🇧🇮 Burundi, (BI)
A-1 Auto Transport Worldwide Locations
We Strive to Serve Countries around the World.
- Car Shipping To Or From Port of Ponce, Puerto RicoShip Car To AalborgShip Car To AarhusShip Car To AbbotsfordShip Car To AbéchéShip Car To AberdeenShip Car To AbhaShip Car To AbidjanShip Car To AboboShip Car To Abomey-CalaviShip Car To AbovyanShip Car To Abu DhabiShip Car To Abū GhuraybShip Car To AcapulcoShip Car To AccraShip Car To AcharnesShip Car To AdamaShip Car To AdanaShip Car To Adda-DoueniShip Car To Addis AbabaShip Car To AdelaideShip Car To AdenShip Car To AfghanistanShip Car To AgadezShip Car To Aguascalientes
- What A Pet Mover Does“Uber” for Kids?$500 Auto Transport | Finding Affordable Shippers10 Important Areas You Need To Know Around Your Neighborhood10 Questions To Ask An Auto Transport Company2016 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally2016 Utah International Auto Expo25 Years Old Cars: Import into the U.S.3 Tips for Getting Discount Auto Transport3 Tips For Moving Back To School3 Tips When Shipping Your Motorcycle5 Free Auto Shipping Quotes5 Great Additions You Can Add To Your Home’s Outdoors 5 Major Issues That Could Turn Your Move Upside Down5 Things You Never Knew About American Auto Transport5 Tips For Buying a Used Car5 Tips On How To Put Your Used Packing Materials To Good Use5 Ways to Ensure Your Car Delivery Is A Pleasant One5 Ways to Find a Real Professional Auto Transport Company5 ways to tell that your new house is now organized5 Worst Pickup Trucks of All Time6 Different Ways To Meet Your New Neighbors6 Gift Ideas For Your New Neighbors6 Great Ways To Get Involved In Your New Community6 Reasons Why You Should Keep Your House Organized
- 2019 - October2019 - September2019 - August2019 - July2019 - April2019 - March2019 - February2019 - January2018 - December2018 - November2018 - October2018 - September2018 - August2018 - July2018 - June2018 - May2018 - April2018 - March2018 - February2018 - January2017 - December2017 - November2017 - October2017 - September2017 - August