On the southern end of Burundi, you will find a city named Makamba, also known as the capital city of Makamba Province. If you want to bring your car to Makamba when you travel over there, you may want to have an experienced shipping agent to assist you.
It’s important to consider that only a small portion, 10% of the roads in Burundi are paved so there are many times where a four-wheel drive will be necessary in order to travel around the country. Once you have made the decision to import your vehicle, you need to start the process by collecting the documentation that will be required in order to continue with your import.
A1 Auto Transport Service will inform you as to where your export will take place and will assist you in getting your vehicle there, even come and pick up your vehicle and drive it to the nearest port if needed. They will also oversee any delivery of your vehicle to you when the vehicle reaches the port. Your shipping agent at A1 Auto Transport Service will assist you in locating the necessary required documentation and contact the U.S Customs and Borders Protection Agency if needed.
You will need to discuss your shipping plan with A1 Auto Transport Service so they will know what your ultimate goal is and where you want the vehicle to go. For an extra fee, they will provide door-to-port services and be present for you at the Port of Bujumbura so they can pick up your vehicle once it clears customs. You will need to fill out all mandatory paperwork required by the U.S Customs and Border Protection Agency before your vehicle can even go to port.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
You want to ensure that you have a smooth transition from the U.S port to Gitega. In order to do that, you will first need to submit the most essential of documents in order to verify your vehicle and your identity with the Revenue Authority of Burundi. You will need:
- A vehicle registration (Original).
- An Original bill of sale.
- Original car title.
- Details of your vehicle that include the cubic capacity, the engine and chassis number, and the year of manufacture.
- A copy of your driver’s license and passport.
The shipping service will also help you to determine how much it will cost you to ship your vehicle over to Gitega. You will need to pay freight cost, insurance cost, while there is a 4% handling fee, 17% transactional levy, and insurance and freight charges as well. In addition to the list of paperwork listed above, you will also need the following:
- Car title.
- Social security number.
- International driving license.
- Insurance documents.
- Power of Attorney to shipping service to be present at the US port or the Port of Bujumbura.
There are two shipping options to choose from and A1 Auto Transport Service can assist you with. You may want to go with the Roll On/ Roll Off or container shipping. The Roll On/ Roll Off or RORO is the most affordable way to ship a vehicle that is secured onto a deck of the ship for transport and then driven off to the new port. With this option, you won’t be allowed to leave anything in the car other than the floor mats, car jack, and spare keys. You will only be charged for the parking slot your vehicle takes up for the trip. Your vehicle will need to be steam cleaned before this process can begin. Container shipping is a more expensive way to ship a vehicle. You will choose from a 20 foot container or 40 foot container to hold your vehicle and all your personal items you wish to send over with you. This is the safest way to transport however this extra layer of protection will cost you more.
To get more information on the rules and regulations of importing to Burundi, you can contact the Embassy of Burundi located in the United States.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?