Mahina is the third biggest city located in the Papeete suburbs of French Polynesia, an overseas territory of France in the Pacific Ocean. Mahina, in particular, is located on the famous island of Tahiti.
The truth is that the import laws of French Polynesia are tied to those of France and that makes shipping your vehicle to Mahina easier.
Diplomats are allowed to transport vehicles for free and with little to no hassle at all. Foreigners, on the other hand, could also import a vehicle but they would have to pay taxes and duties. If you want to get your vehicle shipped to the Island of Tahiti, you would have to account for it arriving at the container terminal of Papeete.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Documents and Expenses.
All of the vehicles are subjected to particular import taxes as well as to duties which are usually calculated on the year, size as well as the accessories of the vehicle. Right now, there is a 19.6% VAT on all vehicles which are imported to French Polynesia.
If you are exporting from the USA, you are going to have to pay regular customs as well as other taxes, because USA is not a member of the EU. You would have to pay the duties at the point of entry while the VAT is actually paid to the government directly. The approximate duty for the vehicle would be around 10%.
In addition to the import taxes, you would also have to ensure that you provide the necessary documentation to the French Polynesian Customs authorities. They include:
- Original registration and title.
- Purchase invoice for new vehicles.
- Valid Driving License.
- Non-Sale Certificate.
- Information stating the number of the engine, chassis, capacity of the engine, brand and the model of the vehicle.
Methods of Shipping.
Our company offers a range of shipping methods to French Polynesia, based on your preferences and requirements. However, the two overly preferred choices are the roll on, roll off and the container shipping option. Although air shipping is an option but prohibitive costs outweigh it as an option.
Roll on, Roll off.
The roll on, roll off method is without a doubt the most popular one. Your vehicle is going to be driven on a shipping deck where it’s securely fastened and transported to the destination point. It’s by far the fastest and the cheapest of all methods. However, you are not allowed to ship any personal item within the vehicle. Additionally, you need to disable all alarms, remove the air conditioning gas, and leave a 1/4th tank of fuel for driving up and down the ship. To ensure that the vehicle is not quarantined, you need to get the vehicle completely cleaned from inside.
If you want to get your personal belongings shipped as well, you would have to choose between a 20ft and a 40ft private container which is designated to cater to your shipping needs. This is a preferred choice if you want to get your personal belongings transported as well.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?