Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Mahajanga
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
There are numerous reasons why someone might need a vehicle transported from the United States to a foreign country. Professional transport services handle the shipping process by transporting your auto for you. Several methods of overseas transports are available and insurance is usually offered to assure the safety of the vehicle during the time of shipping.
Mahajanga, a beautiful coastal city in Madagascar has a seaport right within its borders. The port accommodates cargo freights and therefore, allows people to ship their vehicle via container transport. The port remains the second most vital port in the country.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Prepping the Car for Transport.
Prior to having your vehicle transported to Mahajanga, you will have to prepare the vehicle accordingly.
- Remove the vehicle’s battery.
- Empty all flammable liquids, especially the gasoline.
- Remove all personal property. If shipping the vehicle with the roll-on, roll-off method, remove everything but the car jack, a spare tire, and the floor mats.
Not only is it necessary to prepare the vehicle for transport, but it is just as important to be prepared with official documents and other necessary items. It is in your best interest to contact Madagascar Customs due to the ever-changing rules for vehicle importation. However, certain documentation should always be prepared for presentation through Customs and at the port.
- License, picture ID or passport.
- International insurance certification.
- Receipts for all paid tariffs and duties.
- Title and registration.
- Know the model, make, year, cost, and color of the vehicle.
What’s the Difference between Freight and RO/RO Shipping?
Both means of transport are great options, and they’re actually about the only options one will have to choose from. RO/RO shipping tends to cost less than container shipping since the vehicle is shipped on top of a flatbed ship without protection from the elements. The vehicle must be empty at the time of transport.
Container shipping can be shared with another individual. This also means that the costs can be split. Property can be stored in the vehicle as well as the container itself. This means of transport is efficient for anyone moving to Mahajanga for permanent residency or for a long period of time.