Madīnat Ḩamad or Hamad town is a largely residential area in Bahrain and is one of the larger cities. If you intend studying or working in Bahrain, chances are high that you need to have your own vehicle to enjoy the well maintained roads.
With Bahrain’s government initiative to make it easy to own and ply the vehicle, all you need to do is contact A1 Auto Transport Company and we’ll walk you through the complete process. Additionally, to promote easy imports there are chances that custom duty is waivered. All shipping imports are received at the Port of Manama, making it easy and economical option.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Madīnat Ḩamad
|Madīnat Ḩamad to (California port) to San Jose, CA||$200||$2900||5+40 days|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Madīnat Ḩamad||$450||$2900||5+40 days|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Madīnat Ḩamad||$475||$2900||6+40 days|
|Madīnat Ḩamad to (California port) to Seattle, WA||$550||$2900||6+40 days|
|Charlotte, NC to (New York port) to Madīnat Ḩamad||$575||$2500||6+52 days|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Madīnat Ḩamad||$675||$2500||6+52 days|
|Madīnat Ḩamad to (New York port) to Atlanta, GA||$700||$2500||6+52 days|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Madīnat Ḩamad||$775||$2900||7+40 days|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Madīnat Ḩamad||$800||$2500||6+52 days|
|Madīnat Ḩamad to (New York port) to Houston, TX||$1,075||$2500||7+52 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
There are custom duties and import procedures to complete before the vehicle is shipped. You will need to notify the U.S Customs and Border Protection a couple of days before shipping out the vehicle. Additionally, you are required to submit the listed documents for verification on original and copies:
- Vehicle ownership proof.
- Clear title deed.
- Vehicle purchase invoice.
- Listed details of the car.
- Bill of Lading.
- Car insurance certification.
- Emission and roadworthiness certificates.
Documentation for Car Import
Due to close trading ties, all vehicles exported from USA are not taxed. However, it is important to consider that cars older than 8 years are not eligible for import. It is essential that all documents are in order so that there are no delays in shipping or delivery in Bahrain. The essential documents to submit in Madīnat Ḩamad include:
- Clearance Certificate and License Plate authorized by Traffic Department of Manama.
- Customs Declaration Form.
- Traffic Technical Inspection.
- Export License Plate and delivery order.
- Vehicle details.
- ID Card.
- Vehicle insurance.
- Bill of Lading.
It is important that you are there to collect the vehicle or send in an authorized representative to collect the vehicle as there are no storage options at the port. Before you ship the vehicle, you have the option of selecting from RORO and container shipping.
- Roll-on/Roll-Off: If you have a fixed budget and want to select the cheapest option, Roll-on/Roll-Off is the right choice. Your vehicle is driven onboard the freight ship and secured in place. At the Port of Manama, it will be driven off the ship. However, it is important that when you ship using this method, you have to clean the interiors of the vehicle, remove the air conditioning gas and other personal items. However, it is important that quarter tank of fuel, car jack, spare tire and an extra set of keys are left within the car.
- Container Shipment: However, when you intend shipping through container shipping, you are allowed to ship your personal and household goods along with the car or any other vehicle you are importing in Bahrain. Though this is expensive as a sealed container with the car inside will be shipped out, there is no change of damage to the vehicle. This is perfect if you are sending out household goods and an expensive car that has to be protected from the ravages of the weather.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org