The capital of Madang Province is the city of Madang and it is located along the north coast of Papua, New Guinea. It was originally settled by the Germans in the 19th century.
If you want to import your vehicle to Madang, you will need to follow all the rules and regulations that are established by the government of New Guinea. It would be very beneficial to hire a reputable international shipping service such as A1 Auto Transport Service. With their years of experience shipping all around the world, they can assist you in importing your vehicle while following the rules and regulations. Since there are both ecological concerns over motor vehicles, it’s important that you adhere to the regulations when planning your shipment to Popondetta. Keep in mind, there are tropical storms and altering weather conditions including strong winds and excessive rains mixed with the high humidity which can make vehicle maintenance extremely difficult.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Customs Duty Exemption.
If you intend importing your vehicle free or without paying any taxes as per the regulations laid down by Papua New Guinea Customs Department, only under certain criteria you are eligible. This criterion includes:
- You plan to stay in Madang more than twelve months from the date you arrive.
- You own a used vehicle in the United States for more than a year before importing to Popondetta, or anywhere in Papua New Guinea.
- You can provide proof that you own the vehicle.
- All inspections will collaborate and provide proof that your vehicle has been cleared and is road worthy.
Whether you come to Papua New Guinea on a work permit or residence visa, you will need to make sure that you come with proof of who you are. These documents will be of assistance to you:
- Registration Certificate.
- Invoice showing purchase.
- Insurance proof.
- Driver’s license.
Associated Shipping Costs.
There are costs associated with shipping your vehicle to Papua, New Guinea.
- Insurance charges.
- Freight charges.
- 40% – 110% Import duties based on the size of your engine.
- 10% Goods and Service Tax.
- Port handling fees.
- Car safety inspection.
- Licensing fee.
Methods of Shipping.
There are options to choose from when considering what port you want to work with. This makes shipping a vehicle much easier. There are two methods of shipping to consider: Roll On/ Roll Off and container shipping. RORO shipping is more affordable however it can take longer to ship your vehicle using this method. You won’t be able to keep anything in your vehicle. Container shipping is a more expensive way to ship your vehicle, however, you get more protection from elements of weather to theft. You can choose from a 20 foot or 40-foot container.
You can find out the latest on procedures, regulations, and rules based on importing your vehicles to Popondetta by contacting the Embassy of Papua New Guinea located in the United States.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?