Ship Car To Lunsar
The city of Lunsar is located in Port Loko District in the Northern Province of Sierra Leone. It is the largest town in the district and it is around 60 miles away from the capital – Freetown.
If you intend to move to Lunsar for personal or business reasons, you might want to consider having your own vehicle. You would have to account for the limitations and the eligibility of your vehicle when you consider shipping to the country from within the USA. The first step for you would be to get the services of a reliable transport agent. With this in mind, the A1 Auto Transport is an international auto shipping company with over 20 years professional shipping experience. We are going to help you out through every single step of the way from filling out the documentation and assisting you with every matter at hand. We are also going to offer door-to-port services if you are unable to drive your vehicle on your own. However, it is always best to read the shipping company’s terms and conditions so that everything is clear from the start.
You can also consult the Federal Maritime Commission to gain more information about the shipping laws or you can contact the Embassy of Sierra Leone for more insight on the matter.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Specific laws and Regulations.
The truth is that each country has its own requirements and when you are shipping to Sierra Leone you are going to make sure that the following documentation are submitted in order to ensure a hassle free and quick process:
- Bill of car purchase.
- Title and registration.
- Bill of Lading.
- International Insurance Certificate.
- Details of the vehicle such as the VIN, model, make, license plates and chassis and engine number.
- Residence or work permit.
- License and Passport of the Owner.
- Signed Power of Attorney if you can’t pick up the car yourself.
- Social Security Number.
The import tax would usually vary on the year of the manufacture as well as on the engine capacity and the model of your vehicle. The tax range would start at about 5% for older vehicles and it would go up to 110% for newer vehicles. With this in mind, it’s best if you get a written note in advance so that you know how much money to prepare. There are two shipping methods that you’d also have to account for when it comes to paying fees:
- Roll-On/Roll-Off: This particular method is convenient if you are shipping your vehicle on a tight budget as it’s the least expensive solution. You would have to drive your car on its own wheels on a shipping platform on a freight carrier from where it would be shipped to the destination port. You won’t be allowed to carry any other personal belongings and you need to empty out the vehicle entirely and leave nothing but the floor mat, car jack and spare tire.
- Container Shipping: This particular method is recommended if you have additional belongings to ship or if you have a more expensive vehicle. You would be able to choose between 20ft and 40ft container based on your preference and you could fill it with belongings. Of course, it’s also a bit more expensive and slower than the RORO but you get a lot of value out of it.
You can discuss all of the details with Sierra Leone Consulate or call in A1 Auto Transport services and we would be happy to provide you with a helping hand.