Vanuatu’s second largest city, Luganville is also called Santo by the local residents. A scenic city with palm edged beaches and panoramic sunsets, if you are looking to extend your stay here temporarily or are a returning citizen, chances are you might need to sightsee and travel.
That is why having your own vehicle helps. As importing your vehicle with the help if A1 Auto Transport Company is comparatively faster and easier, why wait any longer?
It is important to be aware of the rules and regulations specific to Vanuatu. With two ports of Santo and Vila, you can sue container shipping or RORO to ship your vehicle with ease. It is good that it is comparatively cheaper to ship to Luganville in Vanuatu as compared to other Oceanic island nations.
As per the Vanuatu Customs & Inland Revenue, the import duties and tariffs are based on the engine capacity and the size of the vehicle that you are importing. There are no excise taxes but other required taxes that have to be paid are 12.5% VAT while the import duty varies from 15% to 40%. Vehicles with engine capacity of 1,000cc or below pay 15% while 40% for those vehicles with over 3,000cc. The cost of these duties and taxes will be added to the total cost so you are aware of it.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Documents for verification.
With any import procedure to Vanuatu, submission of documents is a vital part of the process. Here are the lists of documents that are needed:
- Vehicle owner’s name/address.
- Description of vehicle.
- Value of the vehicle.
- Certificate for validity of information.
- Proof of ownership.
- Vehicle registration/title deed.
It is important that you complete the proper documentation and clarify it with A1 Auto Transport service. To ensure that there are no delays, it is important to know all about the procedures for clearing Vanuatu Customs. One of them is that you have to have special clearances if you are importing right hand driven vehicle. So it is best to get the clearance and permits in advance before the vehicle is exported. With different methods of shipping to Luganville, you can pick the best method between Roll-on/Roll-Off and Enclosed container shipping method. You might need to consider your budget and the pricing before you make the choice.
The cheapest method is RORO. Your vehicle is driven on the ship in U.S and then driven off the port in Vanuatu. You need to ship an empty car that has been cleaned completely. If you are shipping an expensive vehicle and need to move your personal items and household goods, then container shipping is better. It offers better protection and safety to your vehicle and rest of the goods.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory