Ship Your Car To Or From Lucknow, India
Known as the largest city in Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow is also the capital city of the state. It is the main headquarters for all government divisions and department within the state. Lucknow has the distinct honor of ranking tenth in terms of populated urban areas located in India. With diverse cultures and traditions, Lucknow is the perfect amalgamation of the old and the new.
Learn more about shipping to India.
Basic Specifications of Auto Import
If you want to plan a stay in Lucknow for a long period of time, you may want to consider bringing your own vehicle with you so you can get around as you want and not have to rely on public transportation and the complications associated with it. Before you transport your vehicle, you must get familiar with the following specifications prior to shipment:
- You will need to pay all duty fees on your vehicle. This can be 100% of the value of the vehicle you want to ship
- Vehicles must be right hand driving vehicles
- If your vehicle is used, it can only be imported by going through the customs port located in Mumbai
- All diplomats are free of duty fees if they bring with them an exemption certificate issued by the Indian Ministry of External Affairs
- New vehicles are only allowed to be imported from the country of origin
- You will have thirty days to pick up your vehicle if you are shipping it by sea. If you have elected to ship it by air, you will have only fifteen days.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Required Documents by Indian Customs
You will need to gather the following documents together, make a copy, and send them along with your vehicle. These need to be cleared by the Central Board of Excise and Customs in India. The documents include:
- Your original passport – not a copy
- The manufacturer invoice – the original
- Proof of insurance
- Importing license
- Title of your vehicle
- Registration of your vehicle
- Ocean Bill of Lading
A1 Auto Transport Company can assist you with your transport so you will not have the stress and strain that is normally associated with this task. The experts at A1 Auto Transport Service can help you prepare your vehicle for transport, help you decide which shipping option is right for you, and more. Currently, there are two shipping options that you can decide on; the Roll On/ Roll Off method (RORO) or you can use the container shipping method. While the Roll On/ Roll Off method is what is most often chosen mainly because it is also the cheapest, container shipping can come with a lot of protection for your vehicle.
With the Roll On/ Roll Off method of shipping, your vehicle will be driven onto the open deck of the ship where it is placed in the bay for the duration of the trip. Once it reaches the port of entry, it will be driven off of the deck and given to customs. A container is available in two sizes- 20-feet and 40-feet. Once the vehicle is inside the container, the container will be locked and then loaded by way of crane to the deck of the ship. During transport, it will not be exposed to any elements of weather.
If you have an expensive vehicle or if your vehicle is considered a classic, you don’t want to take any chances of it being damaged or exposed while in transit. The containers are secured so you don’t have this to worry about. Another benefit to choose container shipping is that you are allowed to fill it full of your personal and household items, unlike the Roll On/Roll Off method where your vehicle must be completely cleaned out.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory