Lokossa is the capital city of Mono Department in Benin. Importing is easily done through international imports so you are required to follow all rules and regulation and file all the necessary paperwork when it comes to clearing your vehicle through customs.
At A1 Auto Transport Service, there is over twenty years of shipping experience to help you get your vehicle transported with no delays or problems.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Regulations for auto imports.
You need to submit all the documents required but you also need to follow the rules and regulations as well. These rules and regulations include:
- All vehicles are taxed whether it’s a new vehicle or a used vehicle. The tax is determined by the current value of the vehicle.
- It is important that the purchase invoice you have lists all the details of the vehicle including the weight, chassis number, engine size, year and make, and vehicle identification number.
- You can only import one vehicle per person.
It’s important to submit all the documents needed to A1 Auto Transport Service who will then hand them over to both ports. The paperwork you will need to hand over includes:
- A certificate signed by the owner of the vehicle.
- The original title of the vehicle.
- Vehicle Registration.
- Insurance documents of the vehicle.
- Original Bill of Sale.
- Receipt of any/all invoices paid.
- Bill of Lading.
There may be other documents requested from time to time from the Benin customs. Make sure you have all documentation handed over quickly to avoid any delays. If you have any questions, you can contact the Embassy of Benin located in the United States.
How to Ship your vehicle to Benin.
A1 Auto transport Service will give you the final quote before your import process begins so you will know how much everything will cost you. Benin Customs Department will need the paperwork submitted at least a couple of days in advance of your vehicle arriving in their port. You will need to prepare your vehicle for importing by steam cleaning it and taking out any personal items left in the car. Ignoring these two things will delay your import and cost you extra.
Total Cost of Importing.
You will need to select a shipping method which will determine how much you will pay. You will also need to determine the amount you will pay in taxes. Taxes are determined by the freight charges, insurance and cost of the vehicle adds us as CIF. A1 Auto Transport Service offers door-to-port and port-to-port services and both of these will add to the cost of your import.
Shipping Methods Available.
Container Shipping is available for vehicles that you want to ship protected. You can load your vehicle into a metal container which will also house your personal items and any household goods. Once you have finished loading it, the container is sealed shut for the trip. This method will cost you more than the next shipping option.
Roll On/Roll Off Shipping is the most affordable way to ship your vehicle. The RORO method includes your vehicle being driven onto the deck of the ship and placed into a bay. You can only have one-fourth tank of gas, a jack, and extra tire for the trip. With this method, you only pay for the day your vehicle occupies during the trip. No personal items can be left in the vehicle.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?