Lobamba is the traditional, legislative and spiritual capital of Swaziland as well as a seat of the Parliament. If you are considering to study, to live, or to work in the city, you might want to bring your vehicle with you for further convenience.
There are low import taxes as well as different dealers of auto parts for American and Japanese cars which make it even more appropriate. Swaziland is a landlocked country but you can ship to any port in South Africa and use land transport from there.
In any case, the last fact means that you would have to get your car driven from one of the ports in South Africa to Lobamba. Your car would be put in a specific and bonded warehouse in these countries until the transport is ready and at that time you’d have to pay for the duties and the tariffs. While your car is stored in the warehouse you don’t pay anything.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
You’d need to provide the US Customs and the Swaziland Revenue Authority with:
- Original title.
- Ownership proof.
- Bill of sale.
- Bill of lading.
All of the vehicles are subjected to customs duty and you have to have owned the vehicle for at least 1 year prior to the import. The title and the purchase invoice have to provide along with all else documents. There are different regulations for commercial and private cars but you’d be allowed to import wan car. The paperwork that has to be prepared includes:
- Passport of the owner.
- Customs and tax certificate.
- Finance Ministry Application of Import.
- Work or residency permit for non-citizens.
- Purchase invoice with chassis number.
Once you are through with all the documentation you would need to consult your agent about the shipping methods. The A1 Auto Transport Service is going to provide you with detailed information. The majority of people usually go for RORO as it’s the cheapest and fastest water-based transportation method but your car would be exposed to the elements at the same time. Furthermore, it has to be completely empty with nothing but the car jack, floor mats and the spare tire. If your car is expensive or collectible you might want to use the Container shipping service as it’s far more protective. You would also be able to ship additional belongings with it.
In any case, it is always advisable to inspect the car before longer shipments and take photos of it to document the condition so that you have proof if something happens and your car gets damaged. Even though the majority of the carriers have insurance you can never be too careful, especially if your car is very expensive or it’s a classic one. You can contact the Embassy of Swaziland for further details.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?