The 3rd largest city in Austria, the scenic Linz is located on the banks of the River Danube, about 30 miles from Czech border. If you are moving to Linz to study or work, it makes a lot of sense to have a personal vehicle imported here. Although it may seem like a lot of trouble bringing your car from USA, it isn’t impossible and working with A1 Auto Transport service ensures that all documentation and procedures are completed as needed.
There are a few guidelines that have to be adhered to ensure that the vehicle reaches Linz safely. The Austrian laws dealing with auto import come under the purview of EU laws.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Imports from EU country.
There are no duties of taxes when you import your vehicle from another EU country as it is one community. All that you will need to do is buy the new license plates and insurance for the time you are going to be in Linz. If you intend living here on a long term basis, there are additional documents that are needed:
- Original bill of car purchase.
- Registration fee receipts.
- Certificate of Conformity.
Shipping vehicle from USA to Linz.
There are a range of documents that you need to provide if you are importing your vehicle from USA. You need to produce these documents specifically for US Customs and Border Protection and the Austrian Customs:
- T1 consignment note.
- Proof of value for the car.
- proof of preferential origin (for discounts on custom duties)
- Import declaration.
The cost of importing your vehicle takes into account the 10% duty based on the cost of the vehicle evaluated as per the current market rate, standard consumption tax (NOVA) and 20% import turnover tax. Additionally, there are some specific rules catering to the vehicles being imported from USA. This includes the technical and mechanical modifications that are needed as Austria has very strict rules about emissions, light, and noise. This can be expensive and can take time, so it is best to know more about these at Austrian Embassy before you ship your vehicle from USA. There are additional taxes based on the horsepower of the engine. There is no tax if the horsepower is less than 24.
Though there are ways of shipping to Austria, as it is landlocked country, the vehicle is transported to Vienna through river transportation. Other than that Container shipping and RORO are the sea freight methods that are used to ship your vehicle from USA. In RORO, you only pay for parking your vehicle on the bay at the open deck. That is why it is the cheapest method. However, you have to steam clean your car, remove all accessories and air conditioning gas before you can ship it. Container shipping is more expensive but faster and safer as your car and other personal belongings are sealed within cargo containers.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory