Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Linden is the second largest city in Guyana and it’s the capital of Upper Demerara-Barbice region. It is situated on the Demerara River and is basically a mining town. Guyana is part of the Caribbean and it is thus a popular tourist attraction.
A lot of people prefer to stay here for longer periods of time and some of the US citizens even purchase their own properties so they can stay there during the colder winter months. Regardless of the season, having a personal vehicle in Guyana is particularly beneficial as it ensures easy and convenient travel. Guyana is known for the rainforest population and most of the people travel here to work or study. There are millions of dollars invested in the efforts to preserve the magnificent forests of the country.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Shipping a car from within the US to Guyana is lenient. You would have to fill out a few specific forms and to pay certain taxes. The duties and the taxes are quite high so prepare to spend a lot of money. The shipping destination is the port of Georgetown and your vehicle has to have a right-hand drive. There are also some age restrictions – you can’t import a car older than 5 years. Small trucks of up to 3 tons can’t be more than 4 years old. The taxes are as it follows:
- 150% customs duties.
- 16% VAT.
- Excise tax between 10-110%
You might want to contact the Guyana Customs as the documentation which is required is subjected to change at any given time. These are an important aspect of shipping the vehicle as it ensures complete validation at the time of shipping from U.S and after it reaches the Guyana port. These documents include:
- Title and Registration.
- Ownership Proof.
- Passport and License.
- A copy of duty free letter from the Secretary of the Treasury.
- Customs Entry.
- Temporary Insurance.
The most convenient shipping methods which are proven to be efficient and effective are:
- RO/RO shipping is the cheapest and fastest water-based shipping method. However, you won’t be allowed to ship other particular belongings with your vehicle and the latter would be constantly exposed to the elements.
- Container Shipping allows you to choose from a 20ft and 40ft private container. You can fill it up with other belongings which are allowed in Guyana. You can also share the container with someone else to reduce the costs.
- Air Shipping is without a doubt the fastest and best way but it’s also incredibly expensive and the majority of people tend to avoid it.