A city in Northern Cyrus, Limassol is one of the bustling cities as it has the largest port and is the focal point of the transit trade in the Mediterranean. Additionally, it is an important center of tourism and trade in the country.
If you are looking at moving on an extended stay to Limassol, it requires careful planning and having the support of an experienced shipping service like A1 Auto Transport Company. As Northern Cyprus is a self-declared country, there is plenty of documentation that needs to be completed before the custom clearances are given. It is best to buy international insurance for the vehicle that you intend shipping. Some of the documents that require to be submitted to the U.S Customs and Border protection and Northern Cyprus Customs department include:
- S Social Security Number.
- Driver’s License and passport.
- Title Of The Vehicle.
- Insurance Certificate.
- Bill of Lading.
- Bill of sale.
- Optional- Signed Power of Attorney, if owner is not going to be present to pick the vehicle.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Additional regulations to know about.
As each country has its own import regulations, before you ship to Li.massol, it is imperative to know that you cannot permanently import your vehicle here. All imported vehicles are only allowed to enter the country for only a period of 3 months. Additionally, it is essential to show the vehicle’s U.S registration before importing it. All import duties and custom taxes have to be paid which are evaluated on the basis of the engine capacity and vehicle’s value. Other important considerations include:
- Base tax is about 65% on non-European cars
- Vehicle must be less than 5 years old, as older cars are not allowed to be imported
- Mandatory to purchase Northern Cyprus car insurance
Before shipping the vehicle.
It is important to have the final quote on the cost of shipping your vehicle prepared by A1auto Transport service. All import duties, freight charges and additional expenses will be listed so that the complete process is clear. We will inform you about the fees that need to be paid upfront and those that are required at the time of import. Port fees and shipping costs have to be paid at the time of exporting it from USA.
Shipping methods to Limassol.
Though air shipping is the quickest way to transport your vehicle, it is not a preferred method as the costs are prohibitive. That is why Container shipping and Roll-on/Roll-Off (RORO) is the most common ways of shipping overseas.
In RORO, your vehicle is rolled on the ship deck at the U.S port and then driven off at the last port of destination. It has to be shipped empty and has to adhere to the various restrictions of limited fuel in the tank, no air conditioning gas or personal items are allowed. However, in container shipping, there are no restrictions but you need to empty out the fuel tank and air conditioning gas to prevent any fire hazard. However, the huge twenty feet or forty feet containers are available for shipping your vehicle and other household goods. The vehicle is secured inside it and the rest of the space can be used for personal items.
We will be with you at every step to ensure that your vehicle reaches Limassol safely and in time. All necessary paperwork has to be compiled and submitted which is our job and we’ll help you with the time frame to expect the arrival of the vehicle in Limassol.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory