Ship Car To Liepaja
Liepaja is the third largest city in Latvia and is situated within the Kurzeme Region, on the western side. One of the port cities on the Baltic Sea it is a hub of commercial and trade activities. While transporting your vehicle to Liepaja, you must acquire information regarding the documentation and paperwork which is involved in the auto transportation internationally.
With time, Liepaja has become one of the favored destinations in Latvia and an important center of fishing, trade and economy. Thus, if you are relocating here on a temporary or permanent basis, it is essential to commute independently. Thus, importing your vehicle from USA is a plausible venture.
Before you ship out your vehicle from USA, talk with A1 Auto Transport service about the closest port to your city, so that it can be shipped out from there. In case you need assistance with door to port services, do let the shipping agent know so they can offer you the best deal.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Vehicle import to Liepaja.
While making arrangements for your automobile to be transported to Liepaja in Latvia, some crucial auto import regulations need to be followed. This includes:
- Automobiles are only permitted to get non- permanent, 1 year import permit.
- Vehicles over seven years of age are levied an 18% VAT.
- Cars under seven years of age pay 10% tax along with 10% VAT.
- All the automobiles being transported have to be enlisted under the name of the owner.
The Custom officials will be charging a tax rate on the basis of the price of automobile. In case, the value has depreciated since it had been initially enlisted, then the custom officers will go according to the rules on the resale price of automobiles to equalize it from the least value prescribed by the book.
There are particular documents and paperwork that you need to submit so as to let the legal transportation of your automobile begin. The following are the necessary documents that you must possess for the shipment of your car:
- Initial Bill Of Purchase.
- License to import.
- Driver’s license.
- Permit to drive internationally.
- Car insurance.
- Clear title.
Cost for the transportation of your automobile.
The cost varies upon the choice of type of shipping you opt for, services that range from ‘door to door’ while size and weight of your vehicle are also considered. A1 Auto Transport will discuss the payment with you before the vehicle ships.
Ensure that you receive a final shipping quote stating the total amount of money you will be paying. A1 Auto Transport agents will walk through all the procedures so you will get to choose the right method of transportations available, the available entry and exit ports and taxes. When you are shipping, the vehicle has to be completely empty so much that even the air conditioning gas has to be removed. The vehicle has to be steam cleaned so that it is not quarantined at the Latvian port.
Methods of freight shipping.
- Ro-Ro Shipping: The most common way in which vehicles are transported overseas. The automobiles are driven up using a large ramp at the U.S port and at the Latvian port, it is driven down. This method is considered the most cost effective way to ship the car.
- Enclosed Container Shipping: Choosing this method works well, if you have a higher budget and need an extra layer for safety. The car is secured within 20 or 40 feet container, sealed and lifted onto the ship. Most people choose for sharing a container so as to lower the cost of transporting.
Before the transportation takes place to Liepaja, it is essential to fill and submit all the documents regarding the shipping. A1 Auto Transport service will help you with all the needed documentation submissions and permits that are required. If you require more information concerning auto shipping, contact the Embassy of Latvia.