The biggest city and capital of Gabon, Libreville is an important river port and hub of commerce and trade. It is located on the banks of the river Komo close to the Gulf of Guinea. Moving your vehicle to Libreville maybe due many reasons, especially if you intend staying there for a few months or a couple of years.
Before the vehicle can be shipped for Libreville, you will be required to notify the U.S Customs or if you work with an experienced international auto shipping service such as A1 Auto Transport service, we’ll take care of the documentation, permits and other Custom regulations. You need to get the approval from the Gabon as BIETC Number, which is required before the vehicle is shipped out of USA. Thus, all documentation has to be submitted at least 30 days for processing, and then you will get the permit.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Although international shipping is usually complex and a long drawn process, A1 Auto Transport service ensures that there are no delays or hurdles in a safe transit of your vehicle. The import tax is about 53% on vehicle based on the insurance, cost of the vehicle and freight (CIF). However, some of the documents that have to be compiled and submitted for government verifications include:
- Proof of ownership- passport, Social security card/driving license.
- Bill of vehicle purchase including year, make, model, VIN, chassis and engine number.
- Lien-free car title and registration certificate.
- Vehicle insurance documents.
- Paid tax receipts.
Options on shipping.
There are two ways of shipping your vehicle to Libreville, which includes Enclosed Container shipping and Roll-on/Roll-Off. However, you need to compare them to elect the right method. If you are shipping only a vehicle and have affixed budget, it is good to opt for RORO as you only pay for the space used by your car. There is a pre-designated parking bay on the huge deck where the vehicle will be driven to and secured. At the last port of destination, it will be driven off. But it will be exposed to the elements during transit and you have to remove all your personal belongings before it is shipped.
The other method, enclose container shipping is safer and offers higher protection to the vehicle but it is much more expensive. That is because your vehicle is safely enclosed in 20 feet or 40 feet container. You are allowed to keep your personal items within the same container. It is a preferred choice especially if you are shipping antique or super luxury vehicles.
If you’d like more information on the procedure or need to stay updated on the current regulations about vehicle import to Libreville, contact the Embassy of Gabon.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory