Levuka is located on the eastern coast of the Fiji Island located on Ovalau. It is in the eastern part of Fiji. Levuka was once known as the capital of Fiji and has since become the most economical area in the island. There are twenty four settlements in Fiji and Levuka is the largest of them.
Since Levuka has become the most steadily populated area, work and travel have also become mandatory as well. If you want to come to Levuka for work or travel, you may find that importing your own vehicle is just as easy to do as relying on public transportation. Your personal vehicle can be shipped to Fiji with the assistance of an international transporting agency, A1 Auto Transport.
There will be some fees involved in transporting your vehicle from the United States to Fiji; customs duty, taxes, and more. If you are a diplomat, you can bring a diplomatic vehicle and pay no customs duty, however, there will be some limits to where the vehicle can be exported back out after your diplomatic term is over.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Regulations for importing to Fiji.
Once your vehicle reaches Fiji, you will need to register your vehicle. Once your vehicle is registered in Fiji, your vehicle registration will be voided where you presently have it registered. You will not be able to sell your vehicle for up to five years after you register it in Fiji. You will need to pay customs duties and all taxes in order to complete your import process. You will also need to schedule an appointment with Fiji Customs Office in order to complete the paperwork. Once the vehicle reaches Levuka, and the paperwork is caught up, you will need to follow these procedures:
- Have the vehicle clear agricultural clearance for Biosecurity Authority of Fiji.
- Schedule clearance from customs.
- Pay all requisite duties.
- Get the registration from your current country canceled.
You will also need to obtain a variety of permits or go through a few clearances before you are done and your vehicle is delivered to you. A1 Auto Transport Service will work along with the Fiji government and all the departments involved in order to complete the process as quickly as possible. The requirement from the Fiji Customs Department includes:
- Insurance proof.
- Quarantine clearance if needed.
- Passport of the vehicle owner.
- Title to the vehicle.
- Bill of Lading.
- An invoice that includes all export and freight cost.
Once your vehicle has been cleared from customs, you will need to notify the Lands Transport Authority or LTA in order to comply with all required transportation registration. In order to do that, you will need the following:
- A copy of the Bill of Lading.
- A copy of the Administration Document.
- A copy of the certificate of De-registration.
Concessions on tax and duty are not required with the exception of a few. If you plan to send your vehicle using the Roll On/ Roll Off shipping method, you will need to completely clean out your car in order to avoid any theft. If you want to ship your vehicle in an enclosed container, you will need to decide which size would be better for you; 20 foot or 40 foot. You can also send your household goods with your vehicle when you choose this method of shipping.
A1 Auto Transport Service can assist you in packing up the goods to ship with your vehicle. You can also gain assistance by contacting the Fiji Revenue and Customs Authority. You will need to provide them with a detailed list of what you are transporting before any permits can be given. The VAT, as well as the customs, will be calculated according to the current market value of the vehicle you are shipping. You will also have overseas cost that will need to be paid before any permits are issued as well.
You can always find out more about shipping a vehicle to Fiji by contacting the Embassy of Fiji as soon as you know you are shipping your vehicle.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?