If you are planning for residency or an extended stay in Leon, Mexico then you might want to consider having your personal vehicle shipped over too. This will help you to travel at leisure while allowing you to avoid language and currency barriers easier.
Being an important industry leader for leather, the city of Leon offers plenty of opportunities. The city manufactures shoes, jackets, belts, boots and more, both nationally and internationally. With around 2 million inhabitants, the metropolitan area of Leon is the seventh largest metropolitan area in Mexico.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Various Methods of Vehicle Shipment.
The methods of vehicle shipment available to you include RO/RO shipping, container shipping and air shipping. It is up to you to decide what method best suits your needs and budget.
- RO/RO shipping is when the empty vehicle is rolled onto and off of the ship. The only items allowed to be shipped in the vehicle include floor mats, a car jack and a spare tire. This is the cheapest method, but it isn’t accepted by all ports.
- Air shipping is the most expensive method. While this method is best for landlocked countries with no nearby sea ports, it is typically too expensive for most.
- Container shipping is when the vehicle is placed in a large container and sent by ship. This will allow you to fill the vehicle and container with other belongings. The container can be shared with someone and so can the cost.
The Requirements to Transport a Vehicle to Leon.
When vehicle shipping to Leon is inevitable, begin planning ahead. Contact the Embassy of Mexico to get all of the latest on the requirements and documents needed. Everything must be addressed properly or vehicle shipment will not be permissible.
- Original vehicle title and two copies.
- A Shippers Export Declaration (SED)- obtain from U.S. Customs.
- Pedimento- obtain from Mexican Customs.
- Two forms of ID- picture ID, license, registered voter’s license, residency card, visa, passport.
- The vehicle must be at least 5 years old.
- The vehicle must be below a 10 passenger vehicle.
- The value of the automobile must not exceed $12,000.
- There must be a catalytic converter in the car.
- It has to have a gasoline engine.
- The vehicle must have been purchased in Canada or the U.S.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?