The second largest city in Nicaragua, Leon is about 56 miles from Managua and 11 miles from the Pacific coast. When you are shipping your vehicle from USA to Leon, it may be a long drawn process but when you hire an experienced shipping service, like A1 Auto Transport service, it is a seamless procedure.
The ports in USA that ship to Nicaragua include Port Everglades, Miami and Gulfport. When you work with us, we offer the best prices and a plethora of shipping related services starting with ‘Port to port’ and ‘Door to Door’ services. And if you want to save cost by delivering at the domestic US port, we can work accordingly. If you are looking to ship within a budget, you can opt for Roll-on/Roll-Off shipping method. You only have to pay for the parking bay. The car is driven on and off the ship, using own set of wheels. Due to the low cost of this method, it is the most common way of shipping worldwide.
However, if you have an expensive vehicle and require a higher level of protection, then Container shipping works better. It is more expensive and allows you to ship your household goods alongside. You can hire shipping containers of 20 feet or 40 feet to put your car and other items that you want to move to Nicaragua.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Taxes and cost of shipping to Leon.
Although the method of shipping your vehicle plays an important part in the overall cost, there are other key considerations that cannot be ignored. These include the insurance on the vehicle, size of the car and the price of the car. New and expensive cars are taxed higher than old or used cars. Additionally, there are inspection costs, import taxes and port duties which the Nicaragua Customs Department implements. There may be a new tax that you did not anticipate and that is why it is best to discuss it with A1 Auto Transport service, to know the current laws. We will give you a written quote on the freight vehicle shipping by factoring in all of the levies and duties.
Regulations for vehicle import.
Both old and new vehicles can be imported but vehicles above the age of 10 years are not allowed, unless it is a designated vintage or classic. However, the applicable taxes are dependent on the current resale value of the vehicle. As per custom regulations, you need to perp the vehicle and ensure that it is cleaned completely, no leaking fuel, disabled alarms and only a quarter tank of fuel for the journey.
A1 Auto Transport service will handle the paperwork for both the port procedures. It is best to have the complete documentation as needed so that there are no delays. Here is a quick look at the required paperwork:
- Copies of passport, driving license.
- Authorized certificate by the Embassy of Nicaragua in USA.
- Title deed and registration documents.
- Purchase invoice.
- Bill of Lading.
- Check for eligibility at Title 19 of the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations.
- Notify and file the certificate with U.S. Customs.
It is important that you file the papers at least 72 hours before the vehicle reaches the port in US and at Nicaragua.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?