The second biggest city in Fiji, Lautoka lies west of the Viti Levu Island. As it lies in the heart of the sugar cane growing region, the city is referred to as the Sugar City. As an important city of Fiji, there has been an increase of students, returning citizens and even expatriates who call Lautoka home on a temporary or long term basis.
However, among the other important things, you need to have your own vehicle to traverse the city and the surrounding regions or just to commute to work. Importing your car from USA might be the cheapest option. Thus, it is best to discuss your requirements with A1 Auto Transport service, as they have plenty of experience shipping vehicles globally.
The custom duty exemptions are only available to the vehicles owned and registered by diplomats. However, as part of the terms and conditions, re-export the vehicle when the diplomat leaves the country is essential. It cannot be sold in Fiji.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Laws and regulations on vehicle import.
Before the vehicle can be register in Lautoka, the registration that was done in USA will need to be cancelled. Only then a new registration can be done as per Fiji laws. Some of the other considerations include that the cancellation certificate has to be in English, and once it has been imported and registered in Fiji, you cannot sell or transfer it to anyone for the next 5 years.
At A1 Auto Transport service, we can assist you with custom duties and other clearance procedures which have to be completed for quick delivery of vehicle. It is best to get an appointment with the Fiji Revenue & Customs Authority to pay the duties and complete the formalities. These include:
- Clearances from the Fiji Biosecurity Authority.
- Customs clearances.
- Payment of import duties and taxes.
- S-registration of the vehicle cancelled.
Our shipping agents work with the Fijian authorities to ensure that your vehicle is cleared after the legal formalities are completed. For validating the import, plenty of documents have to be submitted which includes:
- Proof of ownership- passport, driving license.
- Certificate of quarantine clearance.
- Insurance certificate.
- Title deed and registration.
- Bill of Lading.
- Freight and shipping invoices.
Before registration of the vehicle in Fiji.
After the Fiji Customs clears the vehicle, it is essential to schedule an appointment with the Lands Transport Authority (LTA) for emission compliance and inspections. They will need the Certificate of De-registration and the Single Administration Document copy, apart from a copy of the Bill of Lading. The VAT and taxes are based on the CIF or the cost of insurance, vehicle value and freight charges. You will need to talk with A1 Auto Transport to get the exact amount.
Options of freight shipment.
It is cheapest to send the vehicle by Roll-on/Roll-Off but there cannot be any accompanying personal items. You are required to clean the interiors and remove all air conditioning gas and leave just a little fuel, due to fire hazards. But if you choose enclosed container shipment then you are allowed to hire 20 feet or 40 feet containers which can fit all the household goods and the vehicle with ease. The container is sealed after it is packed.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?