Lappeenranta is a large city in Finland which is also a municipality. It has its location on the shores of the Lake Saimaa in the South-Eastern parts of Finland. It is approximately about 30 kilometers away from the border with Russia.
There are a lot of ports on the Baltic Sea and the one in Helsinki is currently the largest in Finland. The economy is strictly dependent on its ocean-bound commerce. In any case, if you plan on moving to Lappeenranta for leisure or for business, it is going to be best if you hire the services of a professional shipping company like the A1 Auto Transport.
We are particularly experienced in professional international shipping and we’ve been doing it for the last 20 years. The import duty for importing your vehicle is going to be 10% while the VAT is 24%. The amount of your tax is categorized based on the CO2 emissions, age and the mileage of the vehicle. The minimum rate is 5% while the maximum is 50% based on the cost of insurance, freight shipping and value of the vehicle.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Ways of Shipping.
There are two ways of shipping your vehicle to Finland – the first one is quicker and cheaper while the second one is a bit longer and expensive but they both have their perks.
- Roll-on/Roll-off: You vehicle is driven over a shipping deck and driven off the freight ship at the destination port. It’s exposed to the elements throughout the entire time.
- Container Shipping: Your vehicle is enclosed in a sealed container, protected from the elements. The container can be 20ft or 40ft, based on your choice.
Eligibility of your Vehicle.
- Apart from having the title deed you have to submit also the Bill of Lading. If your car has a lien, you need written authorization by the lien holder.
- Driver’s License and passport of the owner.
- S. Insurance.
- Extra Set of Keys.
- Winterization completed if shipping through this season.
- No valuables within the vehicle.
There are certain situations in which you can import your car into Lappeenranta, without any Finland Custom duties. This is not only possible VIPs and diplomats but also for people to import only 1 vehicle if you have owned and use it for the last six months. Furthermore, there is a monitory limit on the value of the car and if it’s exceeded you would have to pay the duty. Additionally, all vehicles need to adhere to the EU standards of emission control.
In any case, it is best if you trust our shipping agency to help you out. With over 20 years worth of international shipping experience, we are conversant with all aspects of the customs regulations of Finland and we are going to spare you a lot of hassle. If you need any further information, you might want to contact the Embassy of Finland in Washington, DC.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?