Lakatoro is the capital of Malmapa Province in Vanuatu. It is conveniently located on the eastern shore of Malakula and is also the largest settlement on the island. When you come to Lakatoro to work, you may want to consider importing your car so you can get around easier.
There are a few basic rules and regulations you need to be aware of when importing a vehicle.
You can discuss your import needs with A1 Auto Transport service. With over twenty years of experience in international shipping, they can assist you every step of the way; from exporting to importing. You will need to be aware of the rules and regulations from the ports, exporting and importing. You will need to check with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection on rules about exporting. Rules will need to be followed in order to avoid any delays. All documents required will need to be submitted at least seventy-two hours before your scheduled export.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Documents Needed to Ship.
When shipping your vehicle to Port Vila, you will feel better knowing that shipping here is not expensive. The duty tax is based on the freight charges as well as the cost of the vehicle and any additional insurance purchased. The size of your vehicle, as well as the engine size, will play a key role in determining the amount of taxes paid. You will also need to pay excise taxes which is normally 12.5% VAT. There may also be more taxes as determined by Vanuatu Customs and Inland Revenue which may include a 15% import duties payable on all vehicles with an engine capacity of under 1000cc and 25% on those between 1000 and 1500cc. There is also a 40% duty placed on vehicles with engine sizes of 3000cc. You will need the following documentation in order to ship to Vila:
- Bill of Lading.
- Name and address of the consignee.
- Purchase Invoice of your vehicle.
- Description of the vehicle including the origin.
- Logbook of the car.
- Vehicle title.
- Certificate of value.
- Proof of ownership.
You can discuss more about the documentation and the procedures for importing when you talk to A1 Auto Transport Service. You can find out more by also contacting the Embassy of Vanuatu. They will be able to assist you with any information that you want.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory