The scenic city of Lahti is the capital of Paijanne, in the Finnish region of Travastia. It is located in a bay, on the south end of the lake Vesijarvi which is sixty miles north east of Helsinki. A bustling city, Lahti is the hub of business, trade and economic activities in Finland.
When preparing to move to Lahti in Finland, or if you want to visit, you will need to find an international shipping service like A1 Auto Transport Service that can help you with importing your vehicle. They know what the rules and regulations are followed for a seamless transit of the shipment.
Requirements for Shipping.
Although imports of vehicles are taxed, there are options for tax-free auto import for diplomats. However, you might be eligible for tax exemptions if you are importing that costs less than $34,000 and has been owned for a minimum of six months. There is related eligibility criterion that you might want to know more about from one of the shipping agents at A1 Auto Transport service.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
To ensure that your vehicle complies with the stringent European Emission Standards ensure that all modifications are made in USA before it is sent to Finland. The duties and taxed based on the CIF of the vehicle is about 50% to 60%. You are required to submit the relevant documents that are:
- Insurance and registration documentation.
- Title of the vehicle.
- Bill of Lading.
- Authorization to transport vehicle, if you have a current lien on the vehicle.
- Driver’s license.
- Statement of completion, if your vehicle was winterized.
- No belongings allowed in the car.
If you are a VIP or diplomat coming to Finland, you are allowed one vehicle free of any import taxes or duties. Usually, the vehicle’s value is used to determine the import duty.
Ways to Ship your Vehicle.
Roll On/Roll Off method of shipping used the most as it is cost effective. This method involves driving the car onto the deck of the ship for transport and driving it off when the ship reaches its destination port at Helsinki.
Container Shipping is another method to use. This method involves placing your vehicle into a 20 or 40 foot container. You have the option to either drive the vehicle to the port or have someone come and get your vehicle and drive it for you. This door to port service is offered by A1 Auto Transport Service.
It’s important that you follow the Finnish rules and regulations in order to import your vehicle. A1 Auto Transport Company can help make that happen. You can verify these rules and regulations by contacting the Embassy of Finland.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory