The Fijian town of Labasa is a town located in Macuata Province in the north-eastern parts of the Vanua, Levu Island. It is also the largest town on the island. It is a major regional center and there are a lot of expatriates that are coming here to work as well as to travel on a permanent and temporary basis.
If you want to facilitate easier travel while you are on the island, it might be a good idea for you to get your own vehicle transported. You should contact the A1 Auto Transport service in order to get further details about the process.
However, you need to be well aware that there custom duties and exemptions which are only provided to the registered diplomatic vehicles. This permit is going to come with a limitation that the car has to be exported after the tenure of the person is completed and either all taxes have to be paid or the vehicle has to be re-exported.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Regulations regarding the import in Fiji.
The government of Fiji is going to cancel the U.S registration of the car once you enter Labasa. If the cancellation certification isn’t in English, you have to get the document translated and you can’t transfer the vehicle for the next 5 years. There are different customs duties that you need to clear. Additionally, A1 Auto Transport is going to assist you with all the require procedures to get a quick delivery of the vehicle. Some of the requirements include:
- You need to get an agricultural clearance for Biosecurity Authority of Fiji.
- Arrange Customs clearance.
- Pay the duties.
- Get the foreign registration canceled.
Furthermore, there are different clearances and permits that are necessary prior to the vehicle being handed to the owners. We work in close ties with the government in order to get you the assistance you need promptly. The documents that you need to provide include:
- Quarantine clearance certificate.
- Original title.
- Bill of Lading.
- Insurance certificate.
- Purchase invoice.
- Export and freight cost receipt.
Upon getting the customs clearance you have to contact the Lands Transport Authority (LTA) to schedule the compliance audit as well as the inspection of your vehicle before it will be registered. They will require:
- Bill of Lading in a copy.
- Single administration document in a copy.
- De-registration certificate.
Furthermore, you can choose between the typical RORO and Container shipping methods which are pretty convenient and cheaper than air based transport. The RORO method would require you to clean your vehicle inside and out, disable alarms and get rid of all personal belongings within it. The vehicle will be driven on the ship’s deck and secured along with other vehicles. License plates need to be removed so that chances of theft are reduced. When it reaches Fiji, the car will be driven down using its own wheels.
In Enclosed container shipping, you can choose between a 20ft and a 40ft container as per your own convenience. It is more expensive as exclusivity and higher security is offered. Additionally, you are allowed to ship your personal belongings along with the vehicle. For any further assistance and information you can always contact the Embassy of Fiji in Washington, DC today.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?