- Car Shipping La Plata
- Cost & Time Examples For Shipping A Car To La Plata
- Temporary Permit
- For Permanent Residency
- Required Documentation For Importing
Car Shipping La Plata
La Plata is the capital of Buenos Aires, Argentina, as well as the Partido La Plata. It was supposed to be developed to serve as the provincial capital but Buenos Aires was then federalized in 1880 so plans changed.
However, it is an important and bustling city that is known for trade and commerce. If you are a returning citizen, student or working here, it will help to have your own vehicle here for commuting in and around the city with ease.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to La Plata
|New York, NY to (New York port) to La Plata||$275||$1700||5+24 days|
|La Plata to (California port) to Los Angeles||$350||$2300||5+30 days|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to La Plata||$400||$1700||5+24 days|
|La Plata to (California port) to Las Vegas, NV||$450||$2300||5+30 days|
|Seattle, WA to (California port) to La Plata||$550||$2300||6+30 days|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to La Plata||$575||$1700||6+24 days|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to La Plata||$675||$1700||6+24 days|
|La Plata to (California port) to Denver, CO||$775||$2300||7+30 days|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to La Plata||$800||$1700||6+24 days|
|La Plata to (California port) to Dallas, TX||$1,025||$2300||7+30 days|
- *Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
- *Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
- *Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
- *Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
- *Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
- A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The vehicles can be imported to Argentina for a temporary stay or for permanent importation. Therefore you will need a temporary entry permit or an importation permit. A temporary import is completed at the point of entry once you reach Argentina. This information is to help you with the process so you can avoid delays.
There are a few steps to take in order to reach the Argentinian consulate so you can start the process of bringing over your vehicle. It starts with the Law No 25,871 and the amendments and the Decree No. 616 issued on May 6, 2010, a foreigner with a permanent residency in Argentina and returning back to their country, foreigners that have a temporary visa to visit the country, and diplomats as well as military personnel.
For Permanent Residency
If you are a foreigner returning to Argentina, and you have a permanent reside visa, you can import one personal car or motorcycle that is used or two vehicles are allowed for each family. In order to ship a vehicle, you must be at least twenty-one years old and the vehicle must be registered to you for a minimum of three months before you arrived in Argentina. You must file and approved for permanent residency before your vehicle reaches the port in Argentina. If you are importing a new vehicle, there are separate regulations that must be adhered to. It's important to note that only certain new car models and makes are allowed in Argentina.
If a vehicle is valued at less than or as much as $15,000 USD or it has the equivalent in another currency can be exempt from import duties, taxes, or other charges. If a vehicle is more than $15,000 in value then the estimated costs are between 80 and 100 percent of the vehicle's value and that includes taxes and freight.
A vehicle you are importing cannot arrive in La Plata, Argentina more than three months before you arrive in the country and no later than six months after you arrive. Once you arrive here, the car can then be released after proper documentation is presented. Any vehicle that arrives before the owner will be held at customs.
Required Documentation for Importing
When you are ready to import your vehicle, you will need the following documents in order to complete the process. These documents include:
- Proof of identity such as a passport with a visa or DNI.
- Foreigners with permanent residence status in the country will need certification issued by the National Directorate of Migration.
- Original purchase invoice of the vehicle or motorcycle.
- Driving license.
- Original registration documents.
- Three original Ocean Bill of Lading in the vehicle owner's name.
- Certificate of residence - for those returning to Argentina, you must have the certificate of residence from your last location in the other country for the two previous. You will also need to provide a certificate of residence that states you have lived in the country of origin for twelve months or more. You can get this certificate from the Argentinian Consulate in the place you resided before.
- A pre-shipment inspection certificate.
All documentation that is issued must be certified as well as authenticated by the consulate with the jurisdiction in the country. Documents will need to be translated by a certified translator. Diplomats and military personnel can find the documents they need for import from the Argentinian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.