The second largest city in Georgia is Kutaisi; the first being Tbilisi. Kutaisi is located 137 miles west of Tbilisi. When moving from the U.S to Kutaisi, you may want to bring your vehicle with you. It’s sometimes not possible to count on public transportation in Georgia or public transportation is crowded.
Georgia is not a car manufacturing country so most of their vehicles come from Russia however you may occasionally see an American or Japanese vehicle there. Georgia has a simple procedure when importing vehicles and if you need repairs done while there, it is fairly easy to do.
Georgia borders the Black Sea and that means that there are a number of ports available for importing vehicles. A vehicle will need to pass inspection once it reaches the port. Since the ports are easy to get to, U.S can make current shipments there.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Documents Required for Transport.
When exporting a vehicle to Georgia from the U.S, you will need to be sure to have the following documentation with you:
- Bill of Sale .
- Contact information of the lien holder if there is one .
- Proof of ownership or the power of attorney allowed to pick up your car if you cannot make it to the port.
- The Original title to the car.
- If your car has a lien, you will need to show proof that you have permission to transport the vehicle out of the country.
Georgia doesn’t have as many restrictions on importation as other countries. The Georgia Revenue Service allows both new and used vehicle imports. To determine the amount of taxes paid, you will need to know the engine capacity for new vehicles and used vehicles will require more duty paid based on how old the vehicle was. To help you get an approximate value, you need to pay 18% VAT and 12% excise duty on the vehicle.
Cargo Notification Rules.
Due to heighten security, Georgia now imposes a cargo notification system. All goods brought to a Georgian port will need to be reported within 24 hours before arriving there. If you don’t report the importation of goods, there will most likely be delays and possibly denials when clearing in customs. A1 Auto Transport Service knows the rules and regulations and can help you in transporting.
Shipping Vehicles to Georgia.
Since you know that you are going to ship your vehicle into Georgia, you will now need to decide how you want to do this. The Roll on/ Roll off method is the most economical option but some choose to use the container shipping method to ship more items over with their vehicle, or if their car is an antique or luxury.
When you are ready to ship your vehicle to Georgia, you will need to prepare it beforehand. Here are some ways to do that:
- The gas tank can only be ¼ full .
- The vehicle must be cleaned both inside and out so it will not be quarantined .
- You cannot have anything in your vehicle but the spare tire, floor mats, and a spare key.
- The vehicle must pass inspection before shipping. Take pictures and inspect your car for any dents and scratches and obtained a copy of the inspection certification to keep for your records.
- Provide proof of your vehicle insurance.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?