The city of Kumanovo is the headquarters of the largest municipality in Macedonia. As one of the most populated cities, it has seen rapid economic, cultural and administrative growth over the years. If you are planning to move here in the near future for any reason and require importing your vehicle, it is best to work with an experienced shipping service. And that is where A1 Auto Transport service steps in. We have been shipping vehicles globally and have over 20 years of experience in transporting vehicles. That is why it is important to contact us today and plan for shipping your car or vehicle to Kumanovo.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Rules for importing vehicle in Macedonia.
There are stringent rules for shipping cars to Kumanovo and other cities in Macedonia. Thus, you will need to abide by the rules which are applicable on all vehicles including cycles and motorized bikes. These have been encapsulated by Macedonia Customs Administration as:
- Original passport or copy of valid passport of the vehicle owner.
- International driving license issues in USA.
- Insurance certificate and other documents.
- Car/vehicle title deed.
- It is essential to notify and register your vehicle with the local police in Kumanovo within 48 hours of coming here.
- Entry tax of vehicle ranges from .01% to 14% based on the resale value of the vehicle.
- Need a visa, if you are planning to stay over 90 days/3 months.
As with any import procedure, there are plenty of documents to support the import and vouch for the authenticity of the owner are needed. The most important among them is the Original Bill Of Sale. This is essential because it has the pertinent details about the vehicle that is being shipped and acts as the proof that it is the same vehicle. These details are the VIN, engine number, chassis number, year of manufacture and brand model. There are additional documents that you will have to attach in original and as copies. Some of these are:
- Insurance of the vehicle.
- Bill of lading.
- Bill of purchase.
- Title deed.
- Valid driving license.
- If your vehicle is new, you will need the Import license from Macedonian government.
Cost of shipping.
These are a few considerations that have to be factored before you ship your vehicle with the assistance of a reputed international transport service. Other considerations that affect the price of shipping include selection of:
- Weight of the vehicle.
- RORO or container shipping.
- Self-drive to the port or ‘door-to-port’ pick up service.
- Self-drive from Port of Thessaloniki in Greece to Kumanovo in Macedonia or get car delivery service.
Thus, get a written quote from the shipping service based on the services you have selected. As Macedonia is a landlocked country, your car will arrive at Port of Thessaloniki in Greece. It is important that the owner of the vehicle or an authorized representative with Power of Attorney is there to take the delivery of the vehicle. Discuss the details of the shipping procedures with the A1 Auto Transport Company representatives.
As mentioned, you have the option of container shipping or select the Roll-on/Roll-Off method. This is the cheapest method as only the space occupied by the vehicle has to be paid for. The vehicle is driven on and off the ship and secured in place during the transit. But there are some regulations about how the vehicle can be shipped have to be followed. Although when you ship to Macedonia, there is no requirement to drain the air conditioning gas or gasoline from the tank but it is imperative that these steps are taken if you are shipping by RORO. You are required to remove personal belongings so that there is no chance of theft on board.
Container shipping is safer yet more expensive. Your car and household goods that need to be transported are put together in large shipping containers and sealed. You can take the delivery of the container at the Port Thessaloniki in Greece. For more details about shipping to Kumanovo, please get in touch with the Embassy of the Republic of Macedonia.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?