Kragujevac is by far the fourth biggest city in Serbia and is Sumadija District’s administrative center. It is situated right on the banks of the River of Lepenica and it is an important trading and industrial hub of the country for more than 200 years. The city is known for firearms and automotive industry.
If you want to import your vehicle to Serbia, you would need to follow the associated rules and regulations. The laws may be complicated when you first look at them but if you do comply with them you would be in benefit. You can transfer your vehicle for a permanent stay or just for an extended one. Having your car at your own disposal is going to ensure easy travel across entire Europe. Working with a reputable agent such as the A1 Auto Transport is going to be reassuring that everything is handled perfectly and the entire process is hassle-free and on time.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
There are quite a few different methods of shipping to Kragujevac. You can go for air shipping, RORO and container shipping. The last two are the overly preferred because air shipping is rather expensive. However, RORO is chosen by those who don’t have any personal belongings to ship while container shipping is preferred by the opposite type.
Furthermore, container shipping is without a doubt a great choice if you have a more expensive car because it’s going to be safely stored and protected inside the private 20ft or 40ft container. You can also share the container with someone else if you want to cut the shipping costs. However, air shipping isn’t a good option as it is mighty expensive and that deters most people.
Specific Requirements for vehicle import.
Most of the documents pertaining to ownership and authenticity of the import of the vehicle are required at the time of departure by the U.S Customs and it is also checked at by the Customs Department of Serbia. Below are the documents and requirements that you need to comply with and submit if you want to import into Serbia:
- Original title and bill of lading.
- Authorization in case of liens.
- Driver’s license.
- Registration and passport.
- Insurance policy.
- Spare set of car keys and ¼ filled up a gas tank.
- Car winterization if shipping within winter months.
You must refrain from keeping anything in the car especially if you go for RORO where you can only leave your car jack, floor mats, spare tire and a spare set of keys.
Motor vehicle regulations.
The process of importing is going to require some mandatory actions as well as documentations. Your vehicle needs to pass the Euro 3 standards and the majority of the vehicles made in the US won’t abide by those standards. This means that you need to get the vehicle modified or you wouldn’t be allowed to ship it. Additionally, you need to provide:
- Vehicle certification 30 days before the clearance.
- Ownership proof.
- Serbian visa.
- Work permit if required.
- Document verification and inspection pass.
It’s highly advisable that you contact the Embassy of Serbia in Washington, D.C. They will be able to assist you with the latest updates and information as import laws and eligibility criterion change frequently.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory