Kouvola is both a city and a municipality which has its location in the southeastern parts of the country of Finland, conveniently tucked about 134 kilometers away from the capital Helsinki. The town used to be a major hub for road transport.
It’s also one of the major ports of the country so transporting a vehicle to it is fairly straightforward and you might want to take advantage of it if you live here or you plan on moving from the USA.
In any case, it is important that you rely on a reputable international shipping agency to guide you through the process. This is going to ensure a hassle-free transportation of your vehicle and proper compliance with the laws and regulations set forth by the Customs Department of both countries.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Most common shipping methods.
Discussing the shipping methods with the A1 Auto Transport is going to enable us to provide you with the most convenient one to go for. There are two ways for you to go with – container shipping and RORO shipping.
- RORO: This particular solution is going to require you to drive your vehicle on its own wheels on a ramp on the ship where it’s going to be secured for the transport. There are some restrictions that you’d have to abide by – your car has to be completely emptied and it has to contain only the car jacks, floor mats and a spare tire.
- Container Shipping: If you are planning to relocate other personal belongings or your car is expensive or a collectible, this is without a doubt the way to go. You can choose between a 20ft and 40ft enclosed private container for the journey and you could share it with someone else to split the cost in two.
You have to be present to pick up your vehicle or you might want to sign a Power of Attorney for your shipping agent to pick it for you.
Requirements before the shipping.
There is a wide range of documents that have to be filled up. We are going to make sure that we do everything we can to help you out but you’d still need to provide:
- Title free of lines.
- Bill of lading.
- Passport of owner and driver’s license.
- Social Security Card.
- Spare keys.
- Insurance policy as well as temporary Finnish Insurance.
- Compliance with the EU-emission standards.
There are tax exemptions for some situations and if you are eligible for any one of them we’ll make sure to take advantage of them. Besides from VIPs and diplomats, if you’ve owned your car for at least 6 months prior to the shipping you are also allowed to import it for free. However, if it exceeds a particular price range you’d have to pay for the excise taxes and the import duties. You would also need EU compliance and failing to abide by it is going to result in necessary modifications. For any further information, you can contact the Embassy of Finland in Washington, DC or talk with the A1 Auto Transport Company right away.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?