Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Koumra
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
The town of Koumra is located in the southern parts of Chad. It is the capital of the Mandoul region and Oriental Mandoul department. If you intend to move here on a long term basis you will need to ship your vehicle here.
Be prepared to get through quite a lot of paperwork as well as to produce different documents for the vehicle. You should also take into account the weather in the country as its tropical and storms and rainfalls are rather common.
It’s also worth noting that you would need a 4×4 vehicle if you intend on driving outside of Koumra as the roads are rugged and poorly constructed. You have to ensure that you carry your driver’s license, passport as well as the registration documents of the vehicle at all times. This is a counter-measure to the frequent bandit check-ups and police is authorized to request them from you when they pull you over.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Regulations to be accounted for.
You would have to be aware of a few different things if you intend to ship your vehicle to the country. Some of them are rather strict. They include:
- Vehicles which are older than 3 years aren’t allowed.
- New vehicles need to show duty base of the vehicle which is usually the proof of ownership.
- Used vehicles do not need the duty base proof.
- The import tax can be as high as 60% of the value of the car.
Paperwork to be filled out.
There are quite a lot of documents that you’d need to submit. As per the Chad Customs Department, you would have to provide the original sales bill of the vehicle which should state the number of the engine and the chassis clearly as well as the cubic capacity, year of manufacture and the model. Furthermore, you would also need:
- Title as well as registration.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Original receipt of purchase.
- SSN (Social Security Number).
- Import license.
- The power of Attorney if you aren’t going to be present to pick the car up.
- A non-sale certificate which confirms that you don’t have an intention to sell the vehicle.
In order to get a total quote for all of the costs, you would need to select a shipping method. There are two primary water-bound shipping methods that you can choose from when it comes to shipping to Chad. They include:
- Ro-Ro shipping – This stands for Roll On/Roll Off shipping and it is very convenient if you don’t have to ship any other belongings but your vehicle. The car is going to be driven on a shipping deck and fastened to it and transported as is to the destination port.
- Container shipping – this particular method is very appropriate if you have other personal belongings that you want to transport to Chad. However, this is also why it’s more expensive and slower than RORO. You get to choose between a 20ft and 40ft enclosed container based on your needs.
In any case, if you have any further questions, you should contact the Embassy of Chad in Washington, D.C.