About 47 miles from Ouagadougou, Koudougou is the third largest city in Burkina Faso. There might be many reasons that you might have decided to move to this beautiful African country, but having a work permit or residency permit is necessary.
Additionally, with better and effective import laws, you can have your vehicle imported from US and enjoy driving in Koudougou.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Laws relating to vehicle shipping.
As per the specific requirements of this country that pre-shipping inspection is needed. Thus, all exports from the country of origin are checked for price and quality before being shipped out to Burkina Faso. As with any import/export, there is plenty of paperwork that needs to be completed. Some of the important documents that will be verified include:
- Owner’s passport.
- Original Bill of Purchase.
- Insurance certificate of the vehicle.
- Bill of Lading.
- Title deed of the vehicle.
Your vehicle cannot be shipped directly to Koudougou as Burkina Faso is a landlocked country, but it will be shipped to a port at Ivory Coast or Niger and then the car will be transported through railways or driven across to Koudougou. To ship to Burkina Faso, you need to have the ECTN application which when approved generates the Unique Registration Number (URN). This number is endorsed on the Bill of Lading which accompanies the cargo, as per the rules of Burkinabese Shippers Council (CBC).
Costing for the shipment.
You will need to estimate the cost of the shipment and get a written quote by the shipping service. The taxes are calculated on the basis of insurance, cost of the vehicle and the freight charges that are applicable. The freight charges maybe higher for importing to this city, as the shipment has to be offloaded at a neighboring country’s port and then transported to Koudougou. The method of shipping that you choose is also going to affect the cost. You will need to discuss in detail with the shipping service and check the actual cost to you.
Transportation and shipping methods.
Before you ship from USA, there are custom duties and taxes to clear. There will be some verification at the port at Ivory Coast or Niger, depending on where the shipment is destined for. After those checks are completed, the owner or an authorized shipping gent will need to collect the vehicle and further transport it by railroads or through land based transportation methods so that the vehicle reaches Koudougou safely. Custom duties and other levies need to be paid at the Burkina Faso Customs Department and only after that the vehicle is handed over to the owner. The most common methods of shipping your car include:
- Roll-on/Roll-Off (RORO) – Your vehicle is driven on the ship, secured in a parking bay and that is the space you will be charged for. Thus, it is the most affordable way of transporting your vehicle. However, you cannot put any personal items or accessories in the car. The vehicle has to be steam cleaned in US before shipping so that it is not quarantined in Burkina Faso.
- Container Shipping: Your vehicle along with other items that you need shipped are sealed within 20 feet or 40 feet containers. This protects your car better and that is why it is more expensive way of shipping.
Check with the Embassy of Burkina Faso for more information about the limitations eligibility and import regulations that are valid today.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory