About 47 miles from Ouagadougou, Koudougou is the third largest city in Burkina Faso. There might be many reasons that you might have decided to move to this beautiful African country, but having a work permit or residency permit is necessary.
Additionally, with better and effective import laws, you can have your vehicle imported from US and enjoy driving in Koudougou.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Koudougou
|New York, NY to (New York port) to Koudougou||$275||$3900||5+25 days|
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Koudougou||$350||$4700||5+35 days|
|Koudougou to (California port) to Las Vegas, NV||$450||$4700||5+35 days|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Koudougou||$475||$4700||6+35 days|
|Koudougou to (California port) to Seattle, WA||$550||$4700||6+35 days|
|Columbus, OH to (New York port) to Koudougou||$550||$3900||5+25 days|
|Charlotte, NC to (New York port) to Koudougou||$575||$3900||6+25 days|
|Koudougou to (New York port) to Atlanta, GA||$700||$3900||6+25 days|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Koudougou||$775||$4700||7+35 days|
|Koudougou to (New York port) to Houston, TX||$1,075||$3900||7+25 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Laws relating to vehicle shipping.
As per the specific requirements of this country that pre-shipping inspection is needed. Thus, all exports from the country of origin are checked for price and quality before being shipped out to Burkina Faso. As with any import/export, there is plenty of paperwork that needs to be completed. Some of the important documents that will be verified include:
- Owner’s passport.
- Original Bill of Purchase.
- Insurance certificate of the vehicle.
- Bill of Lading.
- Title deed of the vehicle.
Your vehicle cannot be shipped directly to Koudougou as Burkina Faso is a landlocked country, but it will be shipped to a port at Ivory Coast or Niger and then the car will be transported through railways or driven across to Koudougou. To ship to Burkina Faso, you need to have the ECTN application which when approved generates the Unique Registration Number (URN). This number is endorsed on the Bill of Lading which accompanies the cargo, as per the rules of Burkinabese Shippers Council (CBC).
Costing for the shipment.
You will need to estimate the cost of the shipment and get a written quote by the shipping service. The taxes are calculated on the basis of insurance, cost of the vehicle and the freight charges that are applicable. The freight charges maybe higher for importing to this city, as the shipment has to be offloaded at a neighboring country’s port and then transported to Koudougou. The method of shipping that you choose is also going to affect the cost. You will need to discuss in detail with the shipping service and check the actual cost to you.
Transportation and shipping methods.
Before you ship from USA, there are custom duties and taxes to clear. There will be some verification at the port at Ivory Coast or Niger, depending on where the shipment is destined for. After those checks are completed, the owner or an authorized shipping gent will need to collect the vehicle and further transport it by railroads or through land based transportation methods so that the vehicle reaches Koudougou safely. Custom duties and other levies need to be paid at the Burkina Faso Customs Department and only after that the vehicle is handed over to the owner. The most common methods of shipping your car include:
- Roll-on/Roll-Off (RORO) - Your vehicle is driven on the ship, secured in a parking bay and that is the space you will be charged for. Thus, it is the most affordable way of transporting your vehicle. However, you cannot put any personal items or accessories in the car. The vehicle has to be steam cleaned in US before shipping so that it is not quarantined in Burkina Faso.
- Container Shipping: Your vehicle along with other items that you need shipped are sealed within 20 feet or 40 feet containers. This protects your car better and that is why it is more expensive way of shipping.
Check with the Embassy of Burkina Faso for more information about the limitations eligibility and import regulations that are valid today.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
🇧🇫 Burkina Faso, (BF)
Our Services and Information
Car International Destinations
Car International FAQ
🇧🇫 Burkina Faso, (BF)
Motorcycle International Destinations
🇧🇫 Burkina Faso, (BF)
A-1 Auto Transport Worldwide Locations
We Strive to Serve Countries around the World.
- Car Shipping To Or From Port of Ponce, Puerto RicoCar Shipping To Or From Port Of San JuanLexingtonShip Car To AalborgShip Car To AarhusShip Car To AbbotsfordShip Car To AbéchéShip Car To AberdeenShip Car To AbhaShip Car To AbidjanShip Car To AboboShip Car To Abomey-CalaviShip Car To AbovyanShip Car To Abu DhabiShip Car To Abū GhuraybShip Car To AcapulcoShip Car To AccraShip Car To AcharnesShip Car To AdamaShip Car To AdanaShip Car To Adda-DoueniShip Car To Addis AbabaShip Car To AdelaideShip Car To AdenShip Car To Afghanistan
- What A Pet Mover Does“Uber” for Kids?$500 Auto Transport | Finding Affordable Shippers10 Important Areas You Need To Know Around Your Neighborhood10 Questions To Ask An Auto Transport Company2016 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally2016 Utah International Auto Expo25 Years Old Cars: Import into the U.S.3 Tips for Getting Discount Auto Transport3 Tips For Moving Back To School3 Tips When Shipping Your Motorcycle5 Free Auto Shipping Quotes5 Great Additions You Can Add To Your Home’s Outdoors 5 Major Issues That Could Turn Your Move Upside Down5 Things You Never Knew About American Auto Transport5 Tips For Buying a Used Car5 Tips On How To Put Your Used Packing Materials To Good Use5 Ways to Ensure Your Car Delivery Is A Pleasant One5 Ways to Find a Real Professional Auto Transport Company5 ways to tell that your new house is now organized5 Worst Pickup Trucks of All Time6 Different Ways To Meet Your New Neighbors6 Gift Ideas For Your New Neighbors6 Great Ways To Get Involved In Your New Community6 Reasons Why You Should Keep Your House Organized
- 2019 - December2019 - October2019 - September2019 - August2019 - July2019 - April2019 - March2019 - February2019 - January2018 - December2018 - November2018 - October2018 - September2018 - August2018 - July2018 - June2018 - May2018 - April2018 - March2018 - February2018 - January2017 - December2017 - November2017 - October2017 - September