The second largest municipality in Iceland, Kópavogur is situated close to Reykjavík and is part of the greater Reykjavík area. In case, you are going to move to Kópavogur, it will be better to have your own transportation.
However, you need to plan in advance so that all the procedures and requirements are met. You need to contact an experienced shipping service like A1 Auto Transport Company that will guide you through the complete process.
It is important to understand the international shipping laws as required by the Iceland Directorate of Customs
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Vehicle Regulations of Iceland.
If you want to bring your car to the beautiful city of Kópavogur in Iceland, you must have been residing in the city for a year and you must own the car for at least 6 months, before importing it. Once it reaches Kópavogur, you can neither loan it to somebody nor sell it here. If you are planning to leave Kópavogur, you are obliged to export it back to United States immediately. You will to present your passport and visa when you are planning to import the car.
Your physical presence at the Port of Reykjavík is mandatory when the vehicle reaches there. To complete the documentation, shipping agents from our company will be there for assistance and will help guide you through the custom procedures so that all clearances are given. Do not forget to get all your documents and paperwork cleared. Here are the essential documents:
- A driver’s license both from Iceland and US is must.
- International car insurance.
- Registration certificate and title deed.
- Duty free importation certificate.
- A valid passport of the owner.
- Work permit/residency visa.
- Bill of sale.
- Freight invoice.
- Inventory sheet of import.
Eligibility and pre-shipping needs.
If you want to import your car, you must have your car registered before getting it shipped. Secondly, you must have resided outside of Iceland at least a year. The car must be imported within a time frame of 1 month of staying in Kópavogur. When you are planning to leave from US, you must have the complete quote which includes both the car transportation fee and the shipping charges. The shipping charges may vary depending upon the type of shipping that you have chosen.
You can contact the U.S Customs and Border Protection to check if you have missed out any paperwork related to your car export. As the premium international shipping company, we recommend using RORO or container shipping method to ensure safe transit. If you have an expensive vehicle or a lot of household goods to move, container shipping might be a better option. Both the personal belongings as well as car can be shipped using the container shipping. If you are running short of time and want your car and personal belongings to be exported at the earliest, Air shipping method can be opted for, but it is extremely expensive. Choose the shipping as per your requirement. If you are looking for detailed information on shipping your car to Kópavogur in Iceland, call in the Embassy of Iceland today.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory