Located in Sierra Leone, Koidu is the capital and the largest city. If you are shipping a vehicle to Koidu, you will need to know the proper procedure to have a successful transit. You want to hire a company that is experienced in this type of service.
A1 Auto Transport service is very qualified and is also familiar with the shipping procedures in place as per the Sierra Leone Customs department. With over twenty years of service and expertise, your vehicle will be in good hands. A1 Auto Transport Service offer additional services such as door-to-port services.
Once you finalize the shipping plans, you will need to get your vehicle ready to go and pay all shipping fees. A1 Auto Transport Service will help you obtain the paperwork, answer any questions you may have, and help you submit the paperwork on time so your vehicle is ready to go when scheduled. You will need to contact U.S Customs and Border Protection Agency for more information regarding importing. The Federal Maritime Commission is another place to go for shipping laws and procedures. You can also contact the Embassy of Sierra Leone to learn more about shipping regulations.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Laws and Regulations.
You will most likely be shipping your car to Koidu. You will need to have the list of documents ready and available to help complete your paperwork and provide proof of identity to pick your vehicle up. You will need:
- Vehicle bill of sale.
- Registration of your vehicle.
- International insurance.
- Bill of Lading.
- VIN, engine, and chassis of the vehicle.
- Work/ residence permit.
- Driver’s license.
- Power of Attorney.
- Social Security Number.
The taxes you pay will depend on many factors. You will need to pay 5% or more for old vehicles and 110% or more on new vehicle. You should request a written quote from the shipper you hire so you have it in writing. You will also need to decide on Roll On/ Roll Off or container shipping. Both of these methods ensure that your vehicle is loaded onto the ship and transported. the difference is that in RORO, your vehicle is secured on the deck and is exposed to the elements of the weather while in container shipping, it is put within large sealed shipping container and then transported.
We’ll help you decide on the best method to ship your vehicle and offer all assistance to ensure a smooth transit. To get an update on the latest laws and regulations, you might want to contact the Embassy of Sierra Leone.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?