Located in north east Estonia, Kohtla-Järve is a city that was established in 1924 and incorporated in 1946. It is well known for its oil shales and the large amounts of petroleum products that are exported. Due to increase in employment opportunities, the Estonia has more immigrants coming in as students and workers, apart from returning citizens.
If you want to move to Estonia for a few months or to make it a more permanent basis, you would want to consider importing your own vehicle. You can import to Kohtla-Järve and pick your vehicle up there. If you want to purchase a vehicle once you reach Estonia, you may find that they are very expensive and beyond reasonable. Because Estonia has good trade relations with the United States, importing is not going to be difficult to do.
Additionally, A1 Auto Transport Company can help you every step of the way. We can make sure that your vehicle reaches the Port of Tallinn without any problem and help you determine what you will need to make your import successful. With over twenty years of service, there’s no reason to trust anyone else to get your vehicle from the U.S port to Kohtla-Järve.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Documentation and Regulations for Importing.
Before your vehicle can leave the port, the U.S. Customs Department have their own regulations that must be adhered to when exporting a vehicle out of the country. You will first need to provide the proper documentation. To do that, you will need:
- Your car purchase invoice.
- Bill of Lading.
- Insurance and emission control certificates.
- Documents proving ownership of the vehicle.
- Clear title of the vehicle.
- Driver’s license.
Importing your vehicle to Estonia.
If you want to import your vehicle to Estonia there are a few requirements that you will need to follow. If you are not a resident of Estonia, you will need to provide additional certificates. Restrictions will need to be adhered to in order to successfully import your vehicle. You will need the following paperwork completed:
- Chassis and emission inspections.
- Fill customs declaration form which is available the customs department.
- Have any modifications done to your vehicle that is needed in order to meet EU standards?
- Write down any damage done to your vehicle prior to the vehicle.
In addition to this paperwork, you will need to pay all customs taxes and any duties associated with your import. You will also need to register your vehicle within seven days of your vehicle’s arrival in the country.
A1 Auto Transport Service will also be assisting you with freight options as well to ensure you get the right method of shipping. You will have two choices; Roll On/ Roll Off and container shipping.
Roll On/ Roll Off method requires that your vehicle is driven onto the deck of the ship and then driven off once it reaches the port of Kohtla-Järve. This is the most affordable way to import your vehicle but, you will need to remove the air conditioning gas and any personal items from your vehicle, with the exception of the floor mats, spare key, and a spare tire.
Container shipping is another option to choose from. With container shipping, you have a choice between a 20 foot container and a 40 foot container, depending on your needs. You will be able to place your car into the container and then fill the rest of the container up with your personal/household items before shipment. Your container is then loaded onto the ship for transport where it is protected from any weather changes. If you would like to learn more about importing, contact the Estonian Embassy in the U.S.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?